This was a one night stay in December, so the hotel was extremely quiet and downstairs felt slightly cold.
Our room was large very comfortable bathroom spacious, plenty of hot water. We ate in the restaurant and had excellent service and the Chef made an extra effort with dietary problems without any fuss, full marks.
The views are lovely (even in winter) but this hotel I expect comes alive in the summer, with its golf course and weddings. So if you are into golf and/or want to get married in Berkshire definitely worth a try.
One draw back there is no lift in the main building.
Dreweatts Auction house is less than five minutes away, so on a rainy day you may find something of interest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18Th Century manor House set in 500 acres of Berkshire's finest countryside. Offering rooms in the Manor House, Sunmer House and lodges. 18 Hole championship golf course, Clay shooting and Fly fishing by appointment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Donnington Grove Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Grove And Country Club Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Grove Hotel And Country Club Newbury, Berkshire