Large comfortable lakeview room. Huge bathroom and nice and warm on a cold night.
Bed was a little basic, as unsprung divans need good mattresses.
Restaurant very poor. Dinner produced tinned/commercial tomato soup. Surely it is so easy to make your own! Breakfast service appalling, with scrambled egg cooked in a pan that had been used for garlic previously....disgusting. I tried to tell waiter but he did not understand.
It is very poor when a hotel does not have a suitable non-dairy alternative to cows milk. Almost everywhere offers soya now.
On check-out, was told manager away on holiday, assistant on day off, so receptionist was in charge! When I complained about the facilities for dairy intolerant guests, he offered me a voucher for a free cream tea!
Suggest future visitors stay at hotel and eat in Newbury. Hare & Hounds on the old A4, is nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18Th Century manor House set in 500 acres of Berkshire's finest countryside. Offering rooms in the Manor House, Sunmer House and lodges. 18 Hole championship golf course, Clay shooting and Fly fishing by appointment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Donnington Grove Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Grove And Country Club Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Grove Hotel And Country Club Newbury, Berkshire