I stayed with my Mum in room number 7 which is one of the lake view rooms, it's in a separate row of little rooms a few minutes walk away from the main building, which feel like you're in a little cottage. The room was a really good size with a big ensuite wet room and a terrace out the front to enjoy the stunning view from and watch the wildlife ( not just the golfers!!). The only small negative was the under floor heating in the wet room which made it really hot in there, although it was a really hot day/stormy night.
We called room service in the morning to get fresh milk for our tea which was delivered very promptly.
On checking out we got loads of friendly advice on the local area.
I would definitely stay there again, it's a gorgeous location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18Th Century manor House set in 500 acres of Berkshire's finest countryside. Offering rooms in the Manor House, Sunmer House and lodges. 18 Hole championship golf course, Clay shooting and Fly fishing by appointment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Donnington Grove Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Grove And Country Club Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Grove Hotel And Country Club Newbury, Berkshire