We had our wedding reception at Donnington Grove, it was perfect. I laugh in the face of those who harp on about the stress of wedding planning. The service was out of this world. Any thing I wanted, they just quietly sorced, sorted and planned it, the attention to detail was better than you could have hoped for. All our guests loved the venue, it's grand facade when you drive in, then feeling of being completely at ease once ensconced into your bedroom - not to mention the wonderful photo opps for wedding photos.
We really were the wedding party from hell, with international guests, multiple dietary requirements, we wanted it all and for a tight budget. Donnington Grove delivered, well into the early hours and the staff were still smiling when we all tumbled down with heads thumping the following morning.
I would recommend this venue to anyone! (It's worth also adding we had provisionally booked another venue before we settled on Donnington Grove - the other venue, had so many restrictions on which suppliers you could use, fireworks, food, drinks, staff ratios and maximum work lengths....I'm glad we made the change)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18Th Century manor House set in 500 acres of Berkshire's finest countryside. Offering rooms in the Manor House, Sunmer House and lodges. 18 Hole championship golf course, Clay shooting and Fly fishing by appointment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Donnington Grove Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Grove And Country Club Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Grove Hotel And Country Club Newbury, Berkshire