Donnington Grove Hotel and Country Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$109
Hotels.com
Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$85
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssummer housegolf courselake viewthe main houseunderfloor heatingclay pigeon shootingset in beautiful groundsround of golfwet roomtravelzoo dealafternoon teathe main hotel buildingplay golfno liftwonderful weddingold housebeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I loved this place. My girlfriend and I wanted to get away for the bank holiday and as we are keen golfers the Donnington Grove Hotel seemed to fit the bill brilliantly. Visiting its website before booking, I was enticed by the views offered by its beautiful landscapes and I have to say that upon arriving, it certainly delivered. The winding drive up to the hotel offered a great view of the course and upon entering we were astounded by the interior. We had a wonder around the building and we were particularly drawn to the 'cloud suite' which I am told they use as a conference room; it has lovely tapestries on the walls and a ceiling painted to look just like the sky (hence the name). We had booked into the newly developed lake-view rooms for our stay, ours was comfortable, well decorated, had excellent views and everything we needed and more importantly had a lovely relaxing bath. Great for easing those sore feet after a long game. I'm a big tea fan so I asked that more tea making materials were sent to our room, as there weren't many tea bags when we arrived but thankfully the staff kindly obliged. Our stay was only a short one but I have to say, it is difficult to pick a fault with this place. The only improvement I'd make is on the weather, but until such time as that's possible, The Donnington Grove does it for me.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I organised my brother's wedding reception at Donnington Grove Country Club and could not have been happier with the choice. The day was fantastic and my brother, his wife and their guests were thrilled with the day. The venue is spectacular with stunning views across a lake, which looked amazing in the photographs. The guests could not believe that such a beautiful, secluded and romantic setting was so close to Newbury town centre!! The room where the wedding breakfast was held looked elegant and yet was transformed later in the day to create the perfect atmosphere for an evening reception. The food was enjoyed by all the guests - even the children!! The staff were fantastic, both in the run-up to the wedding and on the day itself. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was always smiling. The wedding coordinator, Dani Winslet, was brilliant and looked after us from our first visit, right through to the day itself. She made the whole process of organising the reception so easy and stress free. Donnington Grove is the perfect venue for a truly wonderful wedding reception and we are really grateful to them for making my brother's wedding such a wonderful and memorable occasion.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank happy1234Berkshire
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Went to Donnington Grove with 7 friends for a weekend and had a wonderful time. Staff were brilliant, food was excellent, rooms very clean and comfortable and the golf course was in sublime condition. Overall a fantastic place.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Me, my wife and our friends stayed at Donnington Grove’s new rooms which were lovely. Very clean and practical rooms, great facilities with stunning views. We ate at the River restaurant, the staff were friendly and polite and the food was exceptional. I would recommend Donnington Grove to both couples looking for a romantic getaway as well as friends looking for an enjoyable break. The staff around the hotel were friendly and made us all feel very welcome. The golf course was of an extremely high standard and one of the best courses I have played on in the UK. All in all, a fantastic long weekend defiantly going to do it again soon.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Had an excellent nights stay as part of a Christmas party, the food was good and service good. Stayed in one of the summer houses, which are excellent, especially the heated floors of the bathrooms!

Played a round of golf in the morning - course is excellent, very challenging with stunning scenery.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple