I booked this as "treat " for my partner - a round of golf with Dinner Bed and Breakfast. I had already read reviews that said the summer houses were good and the main hotel poor. Unfortunately there was a wedding on and all the summer house rooms were booked - this is fine, but they really should not charge £200 a night for the main house where the rooms are a joke. Room 101 where we stayed smelled musty and damp. The hair dryer had not been PAT tested in 2 1/2 years and the TV was out of the arc. The plumbing was the most hilarious (noisy) as was Kato the receptionist who watched us struggle with suit carriers and bags and open 2 doors on our own. The saving grace for the hotel was the Spike bar and the River restaurant - both excellent and my partner says the golf is good too. We couldn't wait to leave on the Sunday, when all dressed up for the races we went to check out in reception to find some guy rollering paint onto the ceiling in the main entrance!! So maybe the long overdue overhaul of this hotel has finally started - we can live in hope. If you cant get a new room - don't go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18Th Century manor House set in 500 acres of Berkshire's finest countryside. Offering rooms in the Manor House, Sunmer House and lodges. 18 Hole championship golf course, Clay shooting and Fly fishing by appointment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Donnington Grove Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Grove And Country Club Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Grove Hotel And Country Club Newbury, Berkshire