“Special event”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Special event”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had a wonderful stay here at an event in November. Our group took over the entire hotel for the weekend, the food was excellent, and was served very efficiently by the excellent hotel staff. The hotel also stands in beautiful surroundings, excellent for a refreshing walk, even on a cold November weekend. Our group holds a couple of similar events a year, at various hotels and this was one of the best we have attended in terms of food quality and location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Mehmet M, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear the specail event you attended was a success and we look forward to welcoming you back next November! I will share your comments with our team which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Mehmet Kandemir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

As good as it gets. Nice food, very nice setting and great singer. Our CEO even sungwhich was icing on the cake. Epcot is becoming our favourite hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel for a great setting, lovely food and friendly staff. Looking forward to next Xmas!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear your office Christmas Party was a success! I will share your comments with our team which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Overnight break at this hotel. Very comfortable and incredible value for hotel of this calibre. Food was very good but if you are not on a package deal this can be pricey. We had a good stay and we're delighted with the Deal we got.

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you hand enjoyable stay and that you found the the hotel a good value for money! I will share your comments with our team which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Attended friends wedding on 22nd December which was quite magical. Beautiful hotel, nicely decorated for the festive season. Everything was just perfect. Food was delightful, staff accommodating and rooms were very spacious. Lovely venue for weddings.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you had a great time your friends wedding and thank you for you kind comments! I will share your comments with our team which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had our firms Xmas party here on Saturday, not many of us but were in a mix party environment. Had a little concern that we may not be treated like the other big parties but I think because there were only a few us, the prioritized and ensured we're not left out. Food nice, staff great and really nice setting. Dj could have been better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Luttenbach-pres-Munster, France
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Beautiful building with lovely grounds nicely tucked away from the main road. Food was lovely and staff very attentive. Surprisingly, was not too price either. We had a lovely time and managed to even explore the surrounding attractions.

1 Thank Jo A
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you you had a re;axing break with us and you were looked after well! I will share your comments with our team which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

london
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Lovely setting, good hotel. Staff are friendly. Rooms are of a good standard, although they are tight with their bathroom toiletries. No air conditioning in room, ours on top floor was hot even with the window open quite a bit in December! We asked for a thinner duvet / blanket and got one, no problem. Very comfortable bed and pillows. We went mid-week, it was quiet. Ate in the restaurant one night, food was good.
It is in the countryside, not much to do nearby. OK if you want a quiet break. Would be nicer in the summer as you can sit outside, walk in the grounds. There is a pool but it's leased out to a private company and not available to hotel guests, a real pity.
Had dinner at a nearby pub (2 miles away) one night - The Bell at Broxburn. Well worth a visit, even if only for the fish and chips!

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed yoru stay with us! I will share your comments with our team which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.