Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel
US$109
Hotels.com
US$125
Hare and Hounds Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$405
US$392
The Lodge(Newbury)
US$103
Travelodge Newbury Tot Hill(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
PremierInn.com
All reviewsprivilege roomcountry housefriends weddinglovely settingbreakfast was buffet stylelovely hotelevening meallounge arealovely roomstayed for two nightsone night stayrelaxing breakfood was lovelyenjoyable stayold buildinghighclere castleorangery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel was booked for me via work; I arrived late and was swiftly checked in. The layout was a bit confusing and another guest was wandering around looking for his room.
The restaurant was due to close shortly so we were advised to go the restaurant for a meal or order room service.
The room was spacious, clean and had all the facilities required. However, it was disappointing to learn that the shower, over the bath, was very slow and the water did not drain, it was still standing in the morning, so I reported it to reception. The room was also very, very cold and took a while to warm up when I turned the heating up, it would be nice if the hotel did that knowing they had guests booked in!! Especially in January. I ordered room service, the telephone was answered after ringing a few times, and I was told it was busy, however the food arrived in about twenty minutes, a sandwich, and a hot chocolate which was mostly froth, very disappointing in a cold room.
The breakfast room was lovely, spacious and well decorated, with a good selection of food and effiecent service, it was early, and the egg was like rubber so I wondered how long it had been there.

Overall it was a nice, elegant hotel, with a lot of traditional features and helpful staff but the few points raised above would have made it a better experience, in the short time I was there it was disappointing to note these.

1  Thank DeerUk
Mehmet M, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback.

Your feedback is carefully noted and where neccessary direct action will be taken as required. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The views from the hotel restaurant are just beautiful. There were two Christmas parties at the hotel when we arrived so Reception placed us in the stable block so we were away from the noise. Nice thought, but the room was a disappointment. Very small, in need of updating - not 4 star. From what I could peek, the rooms in the main hotel were much nicer and deserving of their 4 stars. Tip to Mercure: pleeeeease get rid of the purple pillars in the restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gcac_10
Mehmet M, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Exceeded my expectation in every way. Food was delicious and very nicely presented. Setting is most definitely one of the best in surrounding areas. Staff are incredible and only too eager to help and that is throughout. Bedrooms could be better but overall this hotel is magnificent and worth a try.

1  Thank John W

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. Horrible experience. Worst thing is the quality of food.
Will never come back.
Only good point is the staff...responsive and always available to make up for the flaws of the the hotel....

4  Thank PugliaL0ver

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Fantastic place to go, all the staff were lovely! Hear plenty about it and it never let any of us down. Food good. Beds comfy. Walls were sound proof in the room, so my husband and I never disturbed the kids... ;)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Mehmet M, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, friendly staff and comfortable hotel. I will share your comments with our team which I am sure will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

May I also take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year.

With Warmest Regards,