“Loved it”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Romford, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Wonderful place, beautiful grounds. When we stayed here they were refurbing their restaurant which caused some upset at breakfast time as the kitchen was a distance from the make shift dining area. The staff were very good and made it as easy as they could for guests , given the conditions they were working with. Room was excellent, and look forward to staying again. Think the dining area will be worth a second visit.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 37, very comfortable and light.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim R
Mehmet K, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive constructive and positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear you had a good stay with us and that you would stay again. I very much hope that you werent inconvienced too much but you are absolutely right that the current referbuishment which will be concluded by the end of May is well worth for a return stay! I will share your comments with my team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I am sure your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Mehmet Kandemir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Hungerford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Attended friends wedding this weekend which was held at a local church but reception was held at Elcot. Love
Y setting, great food and very professional mc who was present at all times. Loved it and no doubt will be back very soon

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emma J
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us attending last weekend's wedding. I will share your comments with my team and especially with Peter who was acting as Master of the Ceremony. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night for business, staff were friendly and the bed was comfortable, many choices for breakfast and lovely setting to start the day, the hotel was easy to find and would stay here again and would recommend to others for business and leisure

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Nuttytazz
Mehmet K, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you had a good stay with us and that you would stay again. I will share your comments with my team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great location, discretely tucked away from A4 with perfect harmony within its immediate surroundings. Very good facilities and really nice food designed to suit the needs of every day business traveler but too many burgers for my liking! Staff are good and the hotel is competitively priced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John M
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback. Your comments with regard to menu are carefully noted.

I am thrilled with your eloquent review and couldn’t agree more with your conclusion. I will share your kind comments with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Regularly stay at Elcot Park as I I tend to visit Newbury to see my clients at Newbury Business Park. The hotel is very consistent in service delivery, staff professional and rooms are ok. It is always pleasure to visit this hotel

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Mark807
Mehmet K, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and will most certainly share your comments with my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Seaford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The older part of the hotel is a superb building, the newer part tastefully blending in. The breakfast was very good and the dinners superb. The only minor disappointment was the lack of a real ale in the bar; but the bottled beers were good and the wine list perfectly adequate. The grounds are attractive and the surrounding countryside wonderful. As good value for money, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I saw only the one room, which was fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TMHagger
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Your comment with regard to choice of beers is carefully noted.