Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Crab & Boar(Chieveley)
Queens Hotel(Newbury)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivilege roomcountry housefriends weddinglovely settingbreakfast was buffet stylelovely hotelevening meallounge arealovely roomstayed for two nightsone night stayrelaxing breakfood was lovelyenjoyable stayold buildinghighclere castleorangery
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel for the third time in August. The hotel itself is lovely, very nice gardens and really peaceful. When we visited before the hotel had a swimming pool and sauna, this has now been leased out and although we were able to use the pool for a small fee the opening times are sporadic and the staff didn't really seem to know what was happening. General service in the hotel was a bit below expectations constantly getting food orders wrong for example and the food is a bit expensive for what is no better than average pub food.

That said the staff were friendly accommodating.

A good base for exploring the area, eat elsewhere if you can, there are several good pubs close to the hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Pliocene
Mehmet K, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I have carefully noted your comments and will be taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and to prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great day here on Sunday...at a friends wedding! The food was lovely, the service at dinner was fantastic. The toilets were clean and the lounge area was very comfortable. Only criticism I have is the number of staff working on the bar, or lack of numbers of staff, drink orders took forever and I don't think I was charged the correct amount for any round (admittedly always in my favour...but still!) All in all a nice day!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank FCCandPJCC

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I have carefully noted your comments about the bar service and shall address these with my team. I am very pleased to hear you did overall enjoyed your experience at Elcot Park which I shall share our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel by no means is perfect and it does have its faults but I shall not dwell on those imperfections. The best thing about this hotel is that, it is set amongst beautiful parkland. Staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. It really is a great value for money and exceeded every expectations we had. Best of all is the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank linda b

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear we exceeded your expecations and thank you for your kind comments. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for our son's wedding. The wedding was excellent and very well organised. Our room was clean and comfortable with lovely decor. The only meal we had which was not part of the wedding plan was breakfast and this we could not fault. We would certainly stay here again and would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Karen B
Mehmet K, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your son's weddign at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delihgted to hear teh weddign went well and that you all had a wonderful experience. I will share your feedback with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night to visit Bath, due to cost of hotels in Bath itself. When we booked in, were informed there was a wedding that night," so there could be a bit of noise, however the music finished at midnight so it should be ok." Yes, it was very noisy, and although we expected the wedding guests voices to continue outside after midnight, we were pleasantly surprised to hear nothing after midnight. Staff were very courteous in the bar at night, and also at breakfast. The buffet was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lozmum

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. I am also pleased the nosie from the weddign reception was well controlled. Thank you for your kind comments which I shall share with my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind regards,