“A wonderful spa day!”

Donnington Valley Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful midweek spa day with a bento box lunch. We were amazed at the size and quality of the lunch which was so tasty. Plus a glass of wine included that was decent and not vinegar!

The pool area is big with lots of loungers. The pool itself was a little chilly for my liking but the hot tub was bliss - never had bubbles like it! I had a 30 minute massage as I left booking too late. I was so relaxed I didn't want it to end. Next time I'll be a bit more organised!

I can imagine this place getting pretty busy at weekends but will definitely go back again midweek for a day of total relaxation.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I got a deal with last minute for a spa day, to include light lunch & 25 minute treatment, the booking system was good and staff helpful. We were greeted with a very friendly welcome & welcome drink, Richard was really nice & settled us & explained the day, took us through choosing our lunch and showed us where all of the facilities were. This is a modern spa, with a large pool, plenty of loungers and outside areas. There was a sauna, steam room & aroma room and treatment rooms upstairs via lift. the day was terrific, our massages were well received as was lunch & a farewell cream tea (extra) you should try this place.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I enjoyed a fabulous 55 minute Purity Facial with Emily (very friendly and helpful) while visiting the Spa for a work Team Building event. I worried that i would break out in spots following the treatment but this didn't happen. In fact, my skin was amazing for days afterwards and my make up went on great! I stayed in the Relaxation Room for a couple of hours after this as the rest of the team were in the pool area and this was too stuffy for me - and I didn't want to ruin the facial by swimming!
My only suggestion would be to give the Relaxation Room a bit of updating and make it a bit more special. The beds are lovely and it's nice to be able to open the doors and go outside but other than that, it's a little dull. Maybe a water wall / soft lighting that changes or something along those lines.
We then had a cocktail making lesson which was great fun, followed by a meal. The meal was lovely but the desserts took a long time to come out even thought the restaurant was really quiet by this point.
Overall, a lovely hotel and spa that could do with some updating. As I didn't pay due to this being a work event, I can't really comment on the value for money although I hear it is slightly expensive. However, I will look to bring my mum here for a spa day though...

2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This spa was fantastic! The room was lovely and spacious, with a comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. You can take DVD's from reception which I loved, since I'm not much of a drinker it was really nice to chill in the room watching movies. The spa was really nice! Had the weather been better I'm sure it would have been lovely to go out to the grounds as well as it looked beautiful.

The food was lovely! Absolutely top notch! Only wish we hadn't pre-booked for both nights we were there, as there were set menus, not including steak, and from what I saw the steaks looked amazing!

I wouldn't hesitate about staying here again, loved every minute.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night for our 5th anniversary, we had a overnight stay with dinner & BB.
We had a beautiful sunny day the pool area had by-fold doors which were open and led out to the sun terrace, we sat in sun loungers and there were also big bean bags to lie on. We felt like we were abroad.
There were a few big groups of people and hens going on so the jacuzzi was quite full a lot of the time.
Dinner was lovely and the service was excellent, my husband paid the extra supplement for the A la carte menu.
We finished dinner and went and sat in the bar area which looked out into the grounds.
We didn't realise our room was near the reception area and when we went to bed there was a wedding going in which didn't finsh until 11.30pm plus there were a few roudy men singing football chants. We did call down to reception to complain! We were in room 301 for anyone that wants quiet when they go to bed.
Also our shower was not very good we did look forward to going home and having a powerful shower
After checkout the next day we went to Newbury village which was about 10-15 mins drive it was a lovely shopping area with a river where we watched the narrow boats.
All in all a very nice hotel despite the noise with very friendly staff, clean and modern
Would come back again