“Won't be going back” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Diamond Tap
Ranked #84 of 186 Restaurants in Newbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Also available on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Diamond-Tap-Newbury/115036458547369
Thatcham, United Kingdom
“Won't be going back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was a regular daytime visitor at this pub with my wife and sometimes my teenage children for food and drink. On my first evening venture with some old friends we went and got a beer,I then went to the gents, the next thing I know there is a bouncer shoving my arm up my back and marching me through the pub and out the door accusing me of going into the cubical to take something?......I was very shocked and embarrassed, the bouncers should be sacked, needless to say I won't be going back.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Tony K

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Shocking customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Visited the diamond tap in august 2013. I went to use the bathroom and I was absolutely horrified when a female bouncer entered the stall I was in. She forced me to leave the bar accusing me of breaking glasses in the stall. I did not do this and I was angry my personal space had been provided. This would have been made better if I had recieved an apology from the manager but he was uninterested, avoided eye contact with me and really couldn't be bothered. I was allowed back in as I clearly wasn't drunk. I decided to complain to head office who equally couldn't be bothered. I will never be using a wetherspoons ever again. Avoid.

• Visited August 2013
Ermington, United Kingdom
“Spot on!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Popped in for breakfast Saturday morning , place was pretty quiet , we were warmly greeted as we walked in by Sally (we think) , very polite girl who took our order and served our coffees, We joked actually that it felt more like the service we get in the states , than the awful service normally associated with the UK.
Breakfasts were excellent and very good value .
well done !

• Visited March 2014
Berkshire
“Not Nice!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Horrible unwelcoming staff, Seriously rude people behind the bar, Food was edible but knives and forks needed wiping down first with wet wipes! Glass covered in the night before lipstick! when asking for a clean glass I was beligerently told "We are busy you know and you could have wiped it off your self with a tissue" Disgusting, left before we needed the loo!!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andrewkeel7
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great mixed grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Popped in one cold night as it was warmer than where i was staying and ended up having the mixed grill. This has got to have been my best mixed grill in a wetherspoons to date. Again really friendly staff. Sat in front of the log fire after meal really relaxing.

• Visited February 2014