“Diamond Wedding Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Regency Park Hotel

Regency Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Thatcham, United Kingdom
“Diamond Wedding Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I commend the arrangements made for our Anniversary Dinner for 30 guests on 29 June 2013.
The dinner menu , both in its selection by the Chef, and presentation on the table was considered first rate by all present, and the setting in the annexe to the Watermark Restaurant perfect. Service by both Restaurant and Bar staff was of the highest order, and guests staying overnight were impressed by the accommodation provided, some enjoying also the Spa facilities
A memorable event for my wife and myself, particularly for my wife who was 'released'.by Basingstoke Hospital where she has been for nine weeks for half a day to attend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Many congratulations on your anniversary. I very much appreciate you taking the time to write a such a glowing review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and that you were impressed with our food and service. The Team and I get a great sense of satisfaction when we receive such a rating. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Best wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Was suggested regency park hotel from spa breaks.com was looking for a weekend package, I got 2nights stay, dinner which is 3 course food is really nice...., breakfast and a spa treatment plus 20% off any further booked treatments and full use of facilities for a very reasonable 175 each..., I wasn't sure with the pictures but checked other reviews and all are correct it's a lovely wee hotel nice and modern, room was lovely and decent sized we even had a balcony which was great as we are smokers and the weather was great so it was good to chill with a cold drink, room service is fan we had our breakfast brought up with no problem and no extra charge, would say drinks are pricey but we went out to a local bar for lunch and prices were just the same so not a big deal I would def recommend this hotel to anyone.
Only one downside was the shower really good powerful shower but it flooded the place every time I put it on as its just over a small bath

Spa, was a little confusion with if we had a deal booked and times etc but again no big deal , great facilities and was nice and quiet,
Again only one downside could do with some relaxing background music in treatment rooms that would set it off perfectly :)

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room was just like a mini holiday :)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read your positive comments and will be pleased to share this feedback with the team. We will also work on your suggestions. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Paris, France
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The grandiose name is misleading. It is modern and badly laid out with the car park as the dominant feature and the main view from many of the rooms. The Spa probably makes up for the absence of exterior charm. The interior layout isn't much better with one lift per wing. On the plus side the rooms are bright and spacious and well equipped.
I'd stay there again but would do my relaxing in the myriad charming pubs and restaurants in the local villages.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the trouble to post a review following your stay here. I am pleased to note that generally your stay with us was satisfactory and you appreciated the bedroom facilities. The Regency Park Hotel is very popular during the week with business guests and is also a great get away destination at weekends for visiting the wonderful Berkshire countryside, shopping in Newbury, visiting the Racecourse or Highclere Castle.
I do hope you will consider us again in the future.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here for the weekend on the bed, breakfast and dinner package and it was excellent. The spa and pool facilities are very good and we thought the food in the restaurant was amazing. We had a large room, king size bed, really powerful shower and free wifi, all perfect for us. It was also very quiet in the room, which is great as I'm a light sleeper. Most of all, every single staff member we encountered was incredibly helpful and friendly and really made our trip - especially those in the restaurant and on reception.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay here at the Regency Park Hotel. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit, in particular the service from the team, your room, the food, spa & club. We really appreciate such a helpful review.
I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have stayed here regularly over the past 6 months. It is consistently good , litho ugh the bar prices are a little pricey The rooms are comfortable and clean. The food in the restaurant is good and I would recommend a nice bottle of Malbec

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read that your experiences with us have been so positive over the last 6 months. The team and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.
herts
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My sister and I stayed here for one night to work on a family project. We chose the Regency for it's reviews, its position, backing onto countryside and the mid point between Herts and Dorset and also the pool. The standard room was spacious with mostly all we needed especially the desk size. The room was very quiet as furthest away from amenities. The pool was lovely, although we had to remember the code to enter as it was changed daily. Unfortunately didn't have enough time for the spa treatments as these have to be booked in advance and we didn't know if we'd have time. Excellent breakfast menu and buffet, food was still hot even at the end of serving. Recommend the freshly prepared smoothie.
Only 2 gripes was that we had hoped our window overlooked the fields and it overlooked the car park, although bonus was we could see our cars and there are trees so not totally tarmac. We think all the odd numbered rooms are at the back, as ours was even. Secondly that our twin bedded room was obviously set up for one business person as the bathroom only had toiletries and towels for one. The receptionist kindly found a few more toiletries and we were told the towels were in the wardrobe, but maybe the staff need to know if there are 1 or 2 guests, especially if females and arrange the bathroom accordingly.
But this was a minor inconvenience and we hope to return either at Christmas or the New Year.

Room Tip: Ask for a northern room to overlook the fields and if require peace and quiet the eastern rooms, alt...
1 Thank jeremybear
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the trouble to post a review following your stay here. I am pleased to note that your stay with us was enjoyable. Your constructive feedback will be taken on board – I have shared the points you have raised with the Head Housekeeper.
We hope to welcome you back over Christmas or New Year as you suggest – our festive brochure is now available on our website
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Worn out decor and rooms. Inadequate layout for breakfast. The rooms were spacious and so were the bathrooms of the suite I stayed in. How can you not have a mixer of hot and cold water in the basin in today's day and age ? Bed was comfortable. Nothing great to talk about...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that our hotel facilities did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I think most of our guests, and those who have posted reviews previously, would disagree with you regarding the quality of our bedrooms and decor. I trust that you will find somewhere that meets with your approval the next time you visit the area.