“Very enjoyable stay”
Review of Regency Park Hotel

Regency Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is a lovely hotel, I stayed here on business for one night. The room was spacious and clean with everything that you needed. Wifi was very easily accessible aswell. Recption staff were pleasant and friendly and the dining room staff could not do enough for you. The food was gorgeous, I would have preferred a bit more of a normal menu, this was a la carte but it wasnt too much of a problem. Breakfast was gorgeous and again staff were very friendly. I had an overall really enjoyable stay here and would definately return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank h0telm0telh0lidayinn
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read that your experience with us was such a positive one. The team and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is the second visit to this hotel . The rooms are excellent spotlessly clean and comfortable we had an executive room which also boasted a veranda. The leisure club is excellent and all the facilities are first class. The food in the restaurant is again excellent as is the breakfast. The staff are all very friendly and very professional. All in all I can not fault this hotel in any way I would give it 11 out of 10.

Room Tip: executive rooms are very spacious and you also have more tv channels if you need them for kids.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay here at the Regency Park Hotel. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit, in particular the service from the team, location, food and design. We really appreciate such a helpful review.
I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The place is better than it looks from the outside, although it is a bit of maze inside and I kept having to check the signs to navigate from my room to the reception. The staff here were attentive and the service was also surprisingly good (as sometimes service and english are not words that always go together). I had booked myself for dinner bed and breakfast for the weekend in a deluxe room as I like staying in hotels and try a new one every month. I got one of those last minute half board deals, but the downside was that the room was directly above the venue area where a wedding party was being held. This also meant that some of the wedding party spent most of the evening on a table directly under my balcony so I did feel slightly cheated on the room.
I had dinner besides the waterfall garden, or rather waterfeature embedded among a few plants which was OK. When I saw waterfall garden in the description I had hoped for soemthng more elaborate that I could sit in and walk around bt the reality was a giant window box. The menu was very nice but once I had eaten there twice there was nothing left on the menu I wanted to try. The food was excellent and service was good but I was sick on the first night and wasn't sure if this was the scallops or too much wine. As I am rarely sick even after much wine then I blame the scallops (which also came at extra cost).
Breakfast was chaos as they didn't have enough room in the restaurant so you either have to wait or have breakfast in the bar area. I didn't mind the bar area but as they forgot the butter and the milk I was constantly needing to ask for things which annoys me when I wake up and just want to eat. The coffee was terrible on the first day but drinkable on the next. I can't understand why half decent hotels dilute the coffee so it no longer tastes of coffee.
Room was nice enough with sofa and chairs and HD tv and would have been better if it had been somewhere else and had wifi instead of LAN.
It has a pool and sauna and spa but not much else to do and the outside tables are either right next to doorways or under residents rooms, which just doesn't work very well. Overall it was good.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the Regency Suite. Rooms at the front overlook the car park which isn't th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the trouble to post a review following your stay here. I am pleased to note that your stay with us was enjoyable. Your constructive feedback will be taken on board – I have shared the points you have raised with my team.
We hope to welcome you back sometime in the not too distant future

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Very nice Hotel. The room was big and roomy, the sheets were nice and clean as well. There is a safety deposit box to lock in your valuables inside your room which we find really handy as we brought our gadgets with us and leaving it in the safe was reassuring. There was an iron and ironing board provided inside the wardrobe and some extra pillows as well.They have good spa facilities and we certainly enjoyed the good sized swimming pool and the Jacuzzi. Only criticism is that the bath was not entirely clean as used bath gel bottle was left on the corner of the bath, only a minor problem as the bath itself was reasonably clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chie J

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting such a lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. We’ll take a look at the bathroom issue you have raised.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at The hotel for our ruby wedding anniversary from the 06/07/13 to the 08/07/13. The receptionist welcomed us as if we were regular customers, which we were not. The meals at the hotel was first class, the bar staff were very friendly and made us welcome. We were unaware that our children had booked us in for a champagne lunch which was fantastic, afterwards we were told that that our children had also booked us in to see the jazz show that was on that Sunday. I`ve got to say that we are not really a jazz fans but we both thoroughly enjoyed the show and certainly would book to see another show when we return, which we will do again. Over all the hotel and the staff made us very welcome and would take this opportunity to thank them all for making our stay a memorable one. David & Denise Gamman

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay here at the Regency Park Hotel. I delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much and in particular the service from the team. We really appreciate such a helpful review.
I will be pleased to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.
Congratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was initially a little wary about this hotel because the summer special deal seemed too good to be true at £120 a night dinner bed and breakfast for 2. After changing rooms,because the balcony looked out over a flat roof and the car park, we had a lovely large room with king size bed, sofa and 2 other comfortable chairs, plus fairly private patio.

The service in the restaurant was excellent, with all waiting staff very friendly and helpful.The menu was small, about 5 choices in each section, however the food was all freshly prepared and was cooked to perfection.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for an executive room to get the patio, we used it every evening and it was l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting such a lovely review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
We've recently loaded some more special offers on the website – we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We spent 3 days here last weekend for a wedding nearby. On our first evening after a long journey we tried the hotel restaurant (Not repeated) we waited over one hour for one course. The food finally arrived and one meal was not edible, a final option of cheeses and biscuits was the only option. The front of house staff dealt with this brilliantly and we admired them for having to cover up kitchen mistakes.
We upgraded to a superior room with balcony. However, the balcony had not been cleaned (if ever) so we were unable to use the chairs. Such a shame in such fabulous weather. We did receive a discount.
The spa was quite adequate and we did enjoy our visit.
The hotel could be good! It is in a great location for travel, super villages nearby and we were recommended a wonderful pub for Dinner only a 20 minute drive away.

Room Tip: Front rooms are very sunny.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the trouble to post a review following your stay here. I am pleased to note that generally your stay with us was satisfactory. Your constructive feedback will be taken on board – I am sorry that we got the service at dinner so wrong on your first night. This was an isolated incident due to a large party arriving much later than their booked time.
I do hope you will consider us again in the future when visiting Newbury.