“Regency is the best choice in the area!”
Review of Regency Park Hotel

Regency Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I very much enjoyed this hotel - the rooms were large, clean, and well appointed, with neutral colours and styles. (Aka, no pastel flowers!) The couch and table were at great heights for dining or working - the bed was comfortable - and the extra pillows made it quite adjustable.

The pool was fantastic, and the gym even better. I will DEFINITELY be staying here again if I find myself back in Newbury. Maybe I'll get to use the spa services, as they were all fully booked up while I was there.

I would suggest, though, adding clocks with USB ports to the rooms. I was quite surprised to find there to be no clocks in the rooms at all - which, for a weary traveler, is a bit disorienting! And USB ports are just a nice touch in this day & age.

I recommend the bar for food - I loved the ham hock soup!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SPritchett, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Mulldacity,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay here at the Regency Park Hotel.

The Beauty Spa is an extremely popular area and I am sorry to hear that you where unable to experience a treatment on this occasion. I hope you can make a return visit and are able to use our Beauty Spa next time. If so I would recommend that you pre-book a treatment to avoid disappointment - I personally recommend the back, neck and shoulder massage!

Thank you again for your feedback about the room of which I will review with my team to see how we can improve our facilities and services further more.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best wishes,

Simon Pritchett

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed in the Regency for 2 weeks and have planed to stay a third it is that good. Been to plenty other hotels in the past on my travels but the Regency is in my top 5. The room is huge and the bathroom is super. The gym has everything you will need to train away from home and the pool and Sauna are very clean. Had breakfast every day and there is a great selection for everyone. I had the burger from the bar menu and I can say its a man burger! havent eaten from the main menu on a night time but it does look good.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front of the hotel. 2nd floor is quiet you cant hear any noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Derek G,

I was delighted to read that your experience with us was so positive that you extended your stay. The team and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. It was also great to hear you enjoyed your meal. We are in the process of improving our menus further still, both in the Club bar and the Watermark restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards,

Simon Pritchett

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here when heading back north from a function in the south. Got a special deal of dinner bed and breakfast so thought we would give it a go. Arrived early evening and had a pleasant greeting at reception and was in the room in no time. The room itself was spacious, clean although some areas a little tired but on the whole great value for money. Went for dinner in the restaurant which was excellent with all three courses tasting first class. Next day we were up early as we had a long journey ahead but still had time for a reasonable buffet breakfast. So overall not a long stay but made very welcome by the staff and the food was well worth having.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SPritchett, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I hope you had a good journey home and thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a lovely review. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit, in particular the service from the team & the food. I will be delighted to share your feedback with my colleagues, as I know they will be encouraged by it.
I hope we have the opportunety to welcome back for a longer stay very soon!
Best Wishes

Reviewed 20 January 2014

What a perfect break, great value (we went for the £120 Winter break), clean, fabulous facilities and excellent service. The ambience and decor were very welcoming and the staff polite and friendly. The shower was powerful and the room comfortable. The spa was clean and relaxing. Great food, well served. We will return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
PERFECT for us too, to receive such positive feed back. Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Went to the Spanish Tapas Evening for New Year's Eve. The whole evening was excellent and well organised.
We have stayed at the hotel before and the rooms are well equipped, comfortable and clean, all staff are polite and friendly and the food is excellent.
We used the spa facilities and again found them clean and the staff friendly and polite.

Thank you Regency Park for a great evening and stay !!!!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much. We all work hard to provide great hospitality and it’s very rewarding when we learn we’ve got it right.The Tapas evening was a new event for us, so I am pleased you felt it was such a success. The team and I appreciate your kind comments.
We hope to welcome you back sometime soon

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here with our family over new year eve. Te black and white ball was excellent. The food was good and tables were decorated up beautiful. The disco was good. An excellent night. 10/10

The bedrooms were very clean and a nice big bed. Bathroom had all we needed.

Staff at check in and check out all happy and willing to help

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SPritchett, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read that your experience with us was such a positive one. The team and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.
Simon

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were first recommended to stay in this hotel in November 2012 when we were celebrating a special Anniversary with our family. The staff were so kind to our Grandchildren and they loved the Leisure Centre swimming pool.

This time we stayed from Sunday 29 December, 2013 until Thursday 2nd January, 2014 for a New Year break. We were a party of 8 adults.

All the staff were smiling, extremely helpful and polite. Nothing was too much trouble. As soon as you asked for something, it was dealt with.

The bedroom was very clean and well appointed with everything you needed.

We had Dinner and Breakfast in the hotel every day. The food was hot and of excellent quality.

We attended the Black & White Ball for New Year's Eve. The Reception consisted of a glass of Champagne and Canapes. and the meal was hot and delicious with wine throughout dinner. The function room was decorated in a Black & White theme, with novel touches on the tables such as a little black box containing a balloon, blower, streamers and popper., a black top hat for the men and a feather headband for the ladies and black crackers. The disco was excellent and played music for all ages but not so loud that you couldn't hear yourself speak.

Newbury and Reading are not too far away and there are lots of things to do and see in the surrounding areas.

We highly recommend this hotel and look forward to going again when we want a weekend break.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Wow, what a lovely review – much appreciated. We all work hard to provide great hospitality and it is very rewarding when we learn we’ve got it right. I am so pleasesd you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. The team appreciate your kind comments.
We hope to welcome you back sometime soon