Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa
  • Restaurant
The Lodge(Newbury)
  • Pool
1,584 results
All reviewsaroma roommarket menuexecutive roomsteam roomcream teapro shopafternoon teadvd playerevening mealsecret escapeslovely hotelgreat weekendset menuchanging roomsrelaxing breakbar arearestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Just returned from a spa break with 5 girlfriends at the Donnington. We were there to celebrate birthdays, retirement and change of jobs. The rooms were very good, I was on the ground floor in a very large double room, where you had sofa, chairs, two beds and still room for more.
We spend two days in the spa, our package included a detox wrap and facial, lunch with a drink, dinner, full english breakfast and even a smoothy on arrival, all for £170 an absolute bargin. The spa and gym facilities were fantastic and the spa staff were wonderful, making our stay very relaxing indeed.
Dinner and breakfast was of very good quality.
Altogether a wonderful stay. Highly recommended and we will be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Try requesting ground floor, these rooms are big
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debs-in-Surrey
DVH-GM, General Manager at Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Dear Debs- In-Surrey.

Wow! thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Delighted you enjoyed our spa experience to the full and I look forward to welcoming you back to Donnington Valley very soon. Check out our website for our "red hot" summer spa break offers and do drop me a line when you have a return visit in mind at anthonycox@donningtonvalley.co.uk so I may make all of the arrangements for you personally.

Thanks again Debs,

Very best wishes,

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Our Daughter's wedding was held at this hotel on Saturday June 18th 2011. Beth Willis and the staff at Donnington Valley are absolutely brilliant in both the lead up and the actual wedding day. We have had nothing but positive comments about the whole day from all those who attende. We cannot thank Beth and the staff enough and would not hestitate in recommending this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
DVH-GM, General Manager at Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

Dear DavidR046

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure to host this most special of events for your family. Beth is a brilliant wedding planner and I know she enjoys the lead up to the big day as much as the wedding party, and that shines through in her dedicated help and advice. For that effort to be recognised in this way means a lot so thank you on behalf of Beth and all of the team here at Donnington.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Donnington Valley has got a very nice ambience. Outside view from the hotel room is lovely. Rooms also are very nice. Staff are cooperative. I loved the variety of options available in the brreakfast. Overall a place worth visitng.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear sushilkt

Many thanks for your review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our ambience and our breakfast in the Winepress restaurant; Mark our breakfast chef and all of the team were over the moon with your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and do drop me a line at anthonycox@donningtonvalley.co.uk when you next need to be in Newbury.

Very best wishes,

Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed for a romantic weekend for the second time and we loved the place again. We had an executive double on the first floor overlooking the golf course. Big clean room, yummy complementary biscuits, tea and coffee etc. The milk in the room fridge was off which was annoying but we asked reception for more and they brought it up very quickly, with extra biscuits and lots of apologies.

The rooms are not extraordinary but they are very nice. Well coordinated textiles, heavy curtains, big bed, big mirror, separate bath and shower, speakers in the bathroom so you can play music or listen to tv in the bath, DVD player which obviously also plays CDs, big full length window with sliding doors, coffee table and sofa.

We used the bacchanalian feast deal - 2 nights dinner, bed and breafast, wines to match the courses on one night, and 6 bottles of wine to take home.

The breakfast buffet is great. Wide selection of cooked breakfast as well as lots of fruit, yoghurt, cereals, pastries, cakes, cheese and meats and smoked salmon. You can also order kippers and some other bits and pieces from the kitchen if you fancy.

Dinner was yummy both nights though our steak was a little over done on first night.

My only gripes were: I felt I had to clean the bath before I used it, though I am a bit neurotic about this. And our lunch on the final day took forever to arrive. Otherwise, this place is great! Go!

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear RuthRussell

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Donnington Valley and I do hope you are enjoying the wines back at home as part of our Bacchanalian feast break.
A few minor faults to be addressed, that I very much appreciate you taking the time to feedback, but delighted to read about another enjoyable weekend with us.
We have some fabulous “red hot” offers on our website for the summer holiday period, the Sunny terraces surrounding the spa are a great place to relax when the weather is good of course!
Do drop me a line at anthonycox@donningtonvalley.co.uk so I may make all of the arrangements for you personally for a future visit I look forward to welcoming you back to Donnington soon.
With very best wishes,

Reviewed 15 June 2011

The Donnington Valley has comfortable rooms. Just make sure you ask for one that is not on the ground floor. Otherwise, you could be facing the parking lot, as was the case with one of my initial stays. I stayed a few times at this hotel in 2010 as I had business in Newbury.

The front desk staff were generaly attentive but they were annoyed on a few occasions when I told them that the internet reception in my room was poor and they didn't offer to change my room. They did quickly realise that I was a returning business customer who required internet access and they ensured that I was booked into a room with good internet reception.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business