I've stayed here 3 times now, and each time was better.
The staff are always helpful and courteous, to the extent that I feel like I've got a 'hotel inspector' badge on, they go to so much trouble!
The communal areas are lovely, and although I haven't used the leisure facilities, they look really nice.
My latest stay was the best as I had an absolutely beautiful and spacious room, although they are always very nice. This one was top floor and in a corner so had a dual aspect and sloping ceilings, plus gorgeous decor.
I like the fact that you get an iron & board in your room, and the complementary water and biscuits are a nice touch.
The only bad points are that you don't get a fridge unless you have the more expensive room (although they happily provide an ice bucket), and the wi-fi is absolutely hopeless, but if you ask for a cable you can plug into the internet which improves things slightly. Oh, and there is a £5 tray charge if you want room service, which is a little steep, but the food is quite good if you can get over the cost!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, Berkshire