Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa
US$109
Hotels.com
Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$80
US$285
US$278
Hotels.com
US$73
US$62
Hare and Hounds Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$87
Agoda.com
US$155
US$150
Travelocity
Travelodge Newbury Tot Hill(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
US$85
PremierInn.com
US$52
Travelodge
Travelocity
1,589 results
All reviewsaroma roommarket menuexecutive roomsteam roomcream teapro shopafternoon teadvd playerevening mealsecret escapeslovely hotelgreat weekendset menuchanging roomsrelaxing breakbar arearestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed as a suprise for my 30th Birthday celebrations mid week in early september, for a signiture Spa break it was truly an amazing and relaxing experience!

all the staff were great, and the food was amazing, from the bento box lunch on our arrival day, through to the amazing breakfast the next day. We had a 3 course evening meal included as part of our package and while we did upgrade a couple of menu options from the al a carte menu (we wanted scallops!) all the food was of an equally superb quality. The wine list was massive and so we didnt know where to start but we the sommelliaer (??!!) couldnt have been more helpful and we had perfect match for each course.

The actual facilties at the spa were really nice and tranquil and the treatment was tremendous! both me and my boyfriend, who has never had any treatments before, had a hot stone massage and I would recomend this to anyone.

we had a superior room overlooking the grounds (which was a very nice looking golf course) which was perfect. Overall there is nothing we can fault about this hotel, spa and its staff. We only stayed 1 night, but it felt like much longer as we totally relaxed, the only bad point is that it was hard getting back into normal everyday life again - not that that is a bad point though!!!

Massive brownie points as a perfect suprise from my boyfriend and I can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
DVH-GM, General Manager at Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear RhianCeri
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your 30th Birthday Celebrations here at Donnington in October. The Hot Stone therapies in the Spa are wonderful, particularly at this time of year. We look forward to welcoming you back to Donnington soon. Do contact me directly so I can assist with all of the arrangements.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. The service and welcome were very good and the special, personal touches by the customer service team were particularly appreciated. We had a twin executive room on the ground floor with a patio. This was a good size room and was clean and fresh. I had been in touch with the hotel by email and explained that we were coming way on the anniversary of my fathers death and just needed some peace and quiet. I would emphasise that this was not a sad occasion but a time to reflect and remember happy times. The staff had put a table and chairs (with ashtray!) outside on the patio and we enjoyed a beautiful breakfast outside in the sunshine. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent as was the service.
I cannot fault this hotel and I'm sure we will return.

Room Tip: we had a ground floor executive twin with patio
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LizReading

Dear LizReading
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. I was delighted that you had a lovely relaxing stay with us here at Donnington and thank you for the feedback in respect of Isobel, and our team.
Being just up the road from us in Reading we look forward to becoming your regular countryside retreat! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me personally to arrange a future stay.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Need to book well in advance.

Good hotel, with pleasent staff and nice rooms, bar area etc.. all very good.

Breakfast can be alittle cold somtimes but in general very good.

Location, well outside of Newbury, need your own car or taxi so as to get into Newbury.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Dear mpt101
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us in December – we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Do let me know if I can help with this in anyway

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed on a Saturday night. We enjoyed the Swimming pool, sauna e.t.c which we were aloud to use before and after check in. Reception were excellent with helping with any query, one receptionist lent me her own iPhone to look up cinema times which I thought was excellent of her as the hotel computers were blocked from such searches (Why???). Restaurant staff were a whole different lot, the waiters and waitresses were generally good although when i asked for butter I was met with a blank stare, needless to say the butter never arrived. The resturant managers were rude and made us feel we were just an inconvenience (we were on the inclusive rate). Breakfast was dreadful for the price, service completely chaotic, leaving guests to wait for tables and then queue for hot food, which was not worth the wait!. If you book to have dinner, check what time they book you in, we were automatically booked in for 7.30 and we could'd change it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
DVH-GM, General Manager at Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Dear dandyferret

Thanks for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. Food and service in the Winepress is generally strength of ours, and I was sorry to learn of your disappointment as this is certainly not the norm.
Thank you for your positive comments in respect of the reception team – we are always happy to accommodate early arrivals when we can and delighted that you took advantage of this and enjoyed the spa to the full.
I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, to showcase what I know we generally do well. Please feel free to contact me directly on anthonycox@donningtonvalley.co.uk

Reviewed 19 September 2011

We decided to go to Donnington Valley for a hen party booked months in advance as part of a dinner, bed and breakfast, and spa deal. Prior to arriving, I had numerous calls with the spa staff and even visited in person. With a week to go, there were still mistakes like not everyone booked in, bookings on the wrong day, and potential staff scheduling meaning some treatments chosen in advance would be unavailable. Finally, on the day, there was extra charges that were only disclosed to us as we started our treatments! There was no consistent management or contact, and the disorganisation means we will not go there again.
However, the spa is lovely, clean and well equipped. The treatment was brilliant. The hotel rooms were fine, with great bathrooms. The meal was wonderful, really good food.
Overall, we had a good time but didn't need the stress before my wedding caused by their disorganisation, and unexpected costs being applied. If the spa staff sorted themselves out, this review would be a 4 or 5.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Jimmi D.
First and foremost sincere apologies for the administration of this booking and the impact it had on your stay with us and I will be in touch personally regarding this. May I also thank you taking the time for your honest assessment of the many positive aspects of your experience and our facilities too. Having got this, arguably harder bit right, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.