Here for a work conference and was not impressed generally with the service. Asked for a specific room and when I arrived late from a flight was told it was not available. Apparently it's first come first served. So get there early! Large queues at reception for check in and check out.
Rooms did not feel luxurious, not what I would have expected for a "spa" hotel. The whole hotel was overly warm, you didn't need to venture into the sauna to work up a sweat. This was not comfortable. The evening meal was pretty poor and got grumbles from the party.
However the find of this stay was that we went to The Vineyard for wine tasting and a meal. The wine tasting was well run and great fun and the food was amazing. I would recommend there rather this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, Berkshire