Having held my wife & I's wedding at Donnington Valley Hotel back in 2010, we have continued to return every Anniversary, so this visit was our 3rd time & it was great....!
We started this years experience with Afternoon Tea.
Having experienced this elsewhere such as Claridge's & the Ritz's, the sandwiches, cakes & tea was up there with the best. Unlike the others & to our delight, we was even given a box to take away the cakes we just couldn't fit in......
The Hotel Manager Sally also came over to wish us an enjoyable stay & wish us Happy Anniversary. What a lovely lady & a jesture my wife & I appreciated very much
As usual, our room was impeccably clean with a modern feel.
The ability to view DVD's supplied by Reception is a great idea & filled a gap in our afternoon.
We also took advantage of using the Spa facilities which was exptremely relaxing & a great opportunity to share a bottle of wine - bliss....
The evening soon came around - this part we had really been looking forward to.
We started with a drink in the bar which is beautifully set, allowing us relax within our own privacy. When it came to moving into the restaurant, I believe it was Vicky who asked if we was ready to move to the restaurant. Being halfway through our drinks, Vicky gave us more time which was very kind & appreciated.
The meal was enjoyable as always, occompanied by the intentive waiting staff.
As always, great advice on the extensive list of wines was available from the wine sommelier Chris - thank you Chris.
We relaxed after dinner & we was off to bed for a good nights sleep.
We enjoyed a beautiful hot breakfast & we really could of gone a lot bigger, as there was a lot of options available
So once again, a big hank you to the staff of Donnington Valley Hotel who provided my wife & I with another memorable occassion > roll on next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, Berkshire