This hotel is well worth a visit and is dead easy to find. The rooms are big and well appointed with expansive bathrooms including separate showers. Tea and coffee included with real milk in the fridge. I do have a minor criticism about the TV. Its placed opposite the sofa, which is fine, but impossible to view from the bed. The Spa got rave reviews from my wife. A splendid breakfast with lots of choice and special orders e.g smoked salmon and scrambled eggs at no extra cost. The staff are keen to help and the service in the restaurant is above average and very welcoming and friendly. The wine list is beyond with loads of choice and prices. If I were to be picky about the restaurant, we stayed two nights on a golf deal (great value by the way) and the table menu, called the Market menu was the same both nights, requiring a supplement of £6 per person to order the main from the full menu. Having said that, it didn't spoil anything and we will go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, Berkshire