Booked a 2 night break with Dinner and Cream teas. Spa and Hotel is lovely as were all the staff. The food in general was very impressive and the breakfasts are fatastic. "But" it was spoiled by the non action taken over the 2 problems I had with my evening meal on the second night, my spinach arrived with pine nuts in which was not mentioned on the menu (this was mentioned as the veg on a different choice) and I am allergic to them, also the pheasant that accompanied it had 2 pieces of shot in it, which may prove how they are killed but not something I really wish to remove from my mouth. Apart from a sorry from the person who served and collected the plate nothing was mentioned. Both of these things are unexceptable, whilst I except that things do happen, there is a way of dealing with them, and I felt very let down by the lack of customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, Berkshire