I had high hopes of our stay at the Donnington but overall was disappointed. We queued for ages just to check in with small children and heavy bags - and then were overcharged the deposit and had to chase several times to receive a copy of the invoice via email. We stayed as a family of four, with interconnecting rooms. These were a nice size, with a good bathroom and facilities. Biscuits had been left in the room, painted with the children's names, which was a nice touch. However, the sheets were stained with brown marks and the room smelt very antiseptic. We could not use the bar as it was full of guests at an event so had to take the children to the more serious restaurant. Several other guests tutted at our children, which made us feel very unwelcome and the food was lacklustre - not justifying the high prices (although a good value children's menu). The gym was excellent but overall not a hotel I would return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, Berkshire