I would recommend this hotel and spa to anyone.
Okay here are my pros and cons.
Hotel was clean,
Room was lovely
Shower was lovely
Lots of car parking
Swimming pool, sauna, steam room and aroma room good.
English breakfast was nice and the Head Waiter and waitress were friendly. we left some food on our plates and the head waiter asked if everything was okay, we said yes as we had just put too much food on our plates. He wanted to know so that if there was something wrong improvements could be made. but I would not fault the breakfast room and staff.
We arrived just after 3pm on Sunday, at reception one lady was on the phone and one man was just working away at his computer in front of us, he didn't say boo to us. Just kept on doing whatever he was doing. I found this rude as he could clearly see we had come to check in and that his colleague was busy but did he say hellow did say please hold on and as soon as his colleague came off the phone she would check us in - no he blatantly ignored us.
So then she finally came off the phone after what felt like 15 mins of standing there but was only about 10 minutes, checked us in, gave us 3 room cards to enter our room and on our way we went up. We got to our room and all 3 cards did not work, so I went back to reception where she apologised and programmed our room cards, so along I went back to our room and they still didn't work! So one my friends saw a cleaner on our room and she tried our cards and they still didn't work but she used her key and let us in to our room.
So I called reception to request 3 new room cards and explained the situation and she said okay i wll send someone up with new cards. We waited and we waited and after ten minutes I called again and again explained our situation and the chap on the phone said okay I am sending someone up and finally someone did come up with 3 working room cards.
I don't find the reception staff friendly at all. Oh and once we got to the pool area we say a sign that the jacuzzie was out of order so I asked the reception and asked when it woudl be repaired by and she said it has not been working for the last 4 days and I thought to myself - well thanks for letting us know! And she said it may get fixed on Monday (the day we leave) - great. And low and behold just as we were leaving at 4pm on Monday it was working as the workman had been in on Monday to fix it.
But they didn't even give us money off, a free meal nothing to apologise for the jacuzzie not working.
This is a good hotel don't get me wrong but just a few little cons there. Is a very clean hotel and I would recommend this. Hopefully when you go the jacuzzie will be working.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, Berkshire