“The food was outstanding!”

and 1 more site!
Newbury Manor Hotel
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Great Missenden
“The food was outstanding!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband & I stayed at this hotel last Saturday night as part of my 40th birthday celebrations. When I booked the hotel, I was pleased that they had a wheelchair accessible bedroom but wasn't asked if I required twin / double. On arrival, the room was arranged as twin but the Manager very swiftly rectified this for us. The room was clean and the bathroom nice and big. My husband and I enjoyed a couple of pre-dinner drinks and then sat for our meal. To say the food was amazing doesn't do it justice. For very reasonable prices, we enjoyed the best meal we have had in a long time. Service was excellent, the restaurant light and airy. Our meal was above all our expectations. Breakfast in the morning was also very good quality. The only minor fault was that the hot water took so long to get to the taps in the bathroom that we gave up waiting and had a lukewarm wash.

However, I would recommend this hotel & restaurant and we will return in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Jamie M, General Manager at Newbury Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear Demzi

It is a pleasure to read your kind words and these have been passed onto the team. I look forward to welcoming you personally to the hotel on your next visit.

Jamie McDonald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
south east
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Thank you for such a lovely time - great food great service. Great place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear millyfp3

Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to welcoming you back soon when hopefully you can join us for afternoon tea or a bbq by the river.

cotswolds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

This place has a beautiful setting, in its own grounds with the river running through and quiet despite being so close to central newbury. We only stayed one night but I can imagine sitting out on the deck outside the restaurant on a balmy summer evening would be amazing.
Room was spacious with a jacuzzi in the room but it could do with a bit of an update and painting throughout.
Rate was pretty good though and it was a relaxing spot so will consider a return visit. Not bad value overall. Could be an absolute goldmine with some investment

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank bollingerbetty
Dear bollingerbetty

Thank you for your kind review. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel now that the weather has improved so that you can experience our outside dining at the river bar and also enjoy our new BBQ area beside the river.

midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We visited this hotel due its close location to my sons who unfortunately could not put us up. We had visited before and loved the hotel and its location. This visit we had a room that overlooked the back car park and the hot tubs beneath our window and this was noisey on the morning when we wanted a lay in. The rooms over looking the rivers with balconies which we had previous were much better.
Breakfast what a disaster.........having read a previous review on 12th April nothing has improved. we had to ask twice for tea and coffee and our order for breakfast was taken at 9.30 at 10.05 they came to clear our table we had not had our breakfast the waitress looked confused we had a pressing engagement so could not wait any longer so got up and left. I really feel that this length of time is very unacceptable there seemed to be plenty of staff most spoke very little english and some were hard to understand most of the time they seemed to hang round not aware of what was going on around them.This hotel needs to get this sorted or I feel it will lose business. The paintwork on the outside of the riverside bar needs to be looked at lots of bare patches, the decking could also do with a coat of staining.
Must say this was a very disappointing visit wish I could be more positive and because we will be travelling down this area a lot in the future Im unsure if I can trust this hotel to come up trumps again. We had considered booking our sons wedding here as well think it may be back to the drawing board......

Room Tip: choose one with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sashyMidlands
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Arrived late at the hotel after being stuck in traffic, check in was seamless. Bar had closed and room service had finished but they still offered me a drink to be sent to my room should I wish and brought up a lovely glass of wine. Room was large and clean. Bedding crisp, white, clean and bed and pillows overall very comfortable. Good powerful shower which is always nice with plenty of hot water. Breakfast in the restaurant overlooking the water was perfect start to my day. Free parking also and very central location.

Room Tip: There are stairs up to each floor didn't see a lift so if that's an issue ask for room on gr...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gem03x
Jamie M, General Manager at Newbury Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear gem03x

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to read about your positive experience and thank you for this. I hope that I can personally welcome you the next time you stay at the hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed here for a 3 night stay in May 2012 with my wife; this is our second visit to the Newbury Manor and just as good, if not better than we remembered.

The hotel is set in its own grounds with a small lake and running stream, the restaurant is separate from the main hotel building and beside the lake. All very picturesque and aesthetically pleasing.

Rooms are great here, well presented, clean, spacious and well appointed, representing great value for money. I love the home made biscuits in the room everyday, great touch!!

Last year we loved the food here which prompted the return visit, we were advised the chef had changed since our last visit which was of some concern, and I have to say that the quality of food which was excellent under the last chef has actually improved under the new one!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the visit and will hopefully return

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilBarker
Dear PhilBarker

Thank you for your kind words, which I have passed onto the team. I look forward to welcoming you back the hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stopped for one night. Thought the room was comfortable and the food good. Would revisit if back in the area.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Rollo111
Jamie M, General Manager at Newbury Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Rollo111

Thank you for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.