“Excellent value for money”

and 1 more site!
Newbury Manor Hotel
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Bristol
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed here while on a training course. It is a ramberling property in
beautiful grounds. It seems to be an old house with a modern extention.
I was lucky enough to have a room in the old part of the house that overlooked
the river at the front of the property.

I thought my room was wonderful, full of charm and lovely funiture. I would
happily stay here on a leisure break. I had a 'peek' at rooms in the newer
part of the building and they didn't look great, especially compared to the
rooms in the old part of the building. So I think I struck lucky.

My only critism was the 'free' wifi that I just couldn't get to work. This
was a big issue as one of the criteria for picking this hotel was for the
free wifi as I needed to work from the hotel room. I tried for 2 hours to
get it to work to no avail. I spoke to the reception staff a couple of times
to get help but they seemed clueless and didn't seem to care.

I had my evening meal in their restaurant that was situated on the river at
the front of the hotel. I was extremely good value for money and the service
was examplary! My breakfast was also at the restaurent and it has to be
the best breakfast I have had at a hotel. It's almost worth staying here
for the food alone.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel but be wary of the so called 'free wifi', if
this is important to you than find somewhere else. But make sure your room
is in the old part of the house.

Room Tip: Make sure the get a room in the original part of the building!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This is an older hotel and it does show its age. I stayed for two nights in April as part of a multi-country business trip. The hotel was within walking distance to the office, which was convienant. The first night, we ate across the road at the Swan -- they were short wait and kitchen staff so getting food took way too long. I tried the onsite restaurantt the next night, and had a really fabulous meal overlooking the river. It's been ages since I've had a hotel room that uses an actual key to open the door, last time being a property in the lake district. The hotel is comfortable and staff is pleasant. I would stay there again when on business.

Room Tip: Facing the river is nice as you get to hear it at night - very relaxing.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was our first visit to the newbury manor and despite living locally we will certainly be using it again for a break. The food and setting were divine, the rooms comfortable and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed at the manor for 2 nights. Best experience ever. Really enjoyed it. From the moment I arrived the reception staff were lovely, polite and helpful. Went in to the room. And it was brilliant. Clean. Tidy. Smart. Above what I expected. Ate both nights in the hotel restaurant. The river bar. Food was exceptional. And service matched. Couldn't find a fault with anything. (And I tried). Breakfast in the morning was just as good as the dinner. Exactly what I wanted. Staff again so friendly and intentitive. Waitress named holly really looked after us. She was there breakfast and dinner. Was really friendly. Even met the manager, Jamie. Again. Smart and helpful when we asked about hotel.
After everything, will definitely be staying and dinning again. Thank you Newbury manor for a wonderful stay and time.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The staff and service was brilliant. Had a fantastic stay. The room were lovely and clean. The food was food perfect and was delicious. All the staff were helpful and very friendly. The swan pub over the road was also very nice.

• Stayed April 2013
London
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The outside of the hotel is beautiful. The inside is a bit of a let down after seeing the outside of the hotel but it met our needs for a night stopover. It was quite a pain dragging our two large suitcases and a childs buggy up to our room which meant going up 2 sets of narrow stairs but we got there eventually.

Breakfast was tasty and set us up nicely for the day. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Excellent hotel just outside Newbury city centre. Beautiful settings with the restaurant located outside the main building, by the water. A wonderful place to have breakfast while watching the lake and the gardens. I highly recommend this hotel. We didn't have dinner at the restaurant so I can't comment on that.
Our room was of a good size, but located right above the reception, overlooking at the roof. Not a great view, but the bathroom was big and beautiful (shame it doesn't have a shower, but it does have a big bath). Everything was very clean and the home made biscuits we got in the room every day were a very nice touch.
Keep in mind that this hotel is a very popular wedding venue, so it's usually busy during the weekends. Not that that was an issue for us (the wedding parties did not disturb our sleep at all) but this just a warning as when you arrive at reception you see the wedding guests walking around (actually it was quite amusing to see how much fun they were having).
Highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Any room that does not overlook the roof where you won't have a view of the beautiful grounds.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple