“Comfortable”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Excellent Travelodge. Ideal place to stay if visiting Highclere Castle as it is located just a few miles away.Lovely and and a very clean comfortable bed.The Little Chef located right next door had excellent cooks. Serving good food and good size food portions. One of the best Travel Lodges we have stayed in!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Cheap except for the online credit card surcharge.
Very very basic but clean, comfy , spacious rooms, no noise
Little Chef next door and 24 hour Mc D's 100 mtrs away.

I only stayed one night on a stop off to break a journey, nice pubs a short drive away but went into Newbury for food.

Staff were great. My only complaint is a bit of grassing up, two staff members used the best disabled bay as a personal parking spot which makes me spit with anger, stop it!

Only one phone in the hotel that I could see, which is at reception I needed to use it and was allowed to.

It gets an average but if I included basic cost in my rating it would be good/very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ammanford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

In the last two years, as a family, we've stayed in about 5 or 6 different Travelodge's, which have been of differing age and quality. This is the most modern, comfortable and best value for money one I have stayed in. A few minutes drive from Highclere Castle, which is where my Wife and I were headed the next day. There is a Little Chef connected to the Travelodge, however, we used the McDonald's which is a short walk across the car park.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have just returned from staying at this hotel for 4 nights (midweek) with family while visiting more family in Thatcham and Newbury. We booked well in advance and got a very good price. Being honest we did not expect too much as previous Travelodges haven't been anything special. However this one is very nice indeed. My dad is partially disabled and the disabled parking right outside is a big plus. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were clean and tidy. We had booked a disabled room and this was exactly what we were after. I had the room next door. Even when I asked about the cost of Wi-fi the reception staff recommended I use the free wi-fi which the Little Chef provides, a big thanks for that as I managed to log into their cloud and had good internet access for 4 nights. The rooms were clean and tidy, standard layout as you get in most hotels of this type. The only minor faults I could find was the fixed shower head in my room was a bit stiff to turn, plus the water seemed to go a little hot and cold, but that is just me being a little picky. The Little Chef which is connected to the hotel is a nice place for breakfast, not the cheapest but the food was good and the service equally as good. We will most definitely use this hotel again in the future when we come back down south.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here on a Friday night and was made to feel very welcome. The staff are lovely, rooms feel fresh and clean. TV had good reception and the shower was powerful. Very handy for getting into Newbury as well.

Little Chef next door offers a lovely breakfast (and a cheeky evening pancake) and the best thing is they have free WiFi ;)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dreximgirl
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Handy location, clean and comfortable room. Bed was a little firm but still had a good nights sleep. The reception staff were friendly. Little Chief next door did a good breakfast. Ticked all the boxes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Nathan F
Calne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Excellent service from arrival till departure Spent 2 days here getting ready for My Wedding Staff very helpful Rooms clean tidy and spacious for us to get ready in Everything was close by such as food places and refreshments in the vending machine Recommend staying here Thank You

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family