“Perfect Saturday afternoon racing”
Review of Newbury Racecourse

Newbury Racecourse
Ranked #4 of 37 things to do in Newbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Newbury Racecourse is one of the UK's most prestigious racing venues, with 31 quality racedays each year. Opened in 1905 the course is home to the famous Hennessy Gold Cup and the Group 1 Lockinge Stakes, but also hosts world famous music acts during the summer months. The racecourse boasts three large grandstands making it a versatile venue for any event.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Fantastic racing with family for the day.Excellent choice of drinking bars and eaterys. A day you can enjoy without gambling. Only bad thing was the day ended too soon.

1  Thank hayley p
"afternoon tea"
in 9 reviews
"plenty of space"

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Free parking, good direction. Lots to see, eat and drink. Great experience of a horse race day out. Not a great deal of difference between grandstand and premier except the price.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We really enjoyed here day at Newbury - but found that the restaureant so so big we did not have a table near the window - so had to keep going to the balcony area to watch the race. we had a table for 4 - all the bigger tables were placed near the window - shame.
The meals were very good though - and the young waitress we had was excellent - a real chatty friendly girl - service good,
Drinks fairly priced
The racing itself was superb! Will certainly go back.

2  Thank birdieEssex
Reviewed 13 March 2014

If you are disabled with mobility problems DO NOT VISIT this racecourse.....PLEASE READ... Tried to get tickets for last years day at he races followed by a concert ticket for Meatloaf in the disabled area as I knew it would be very busy but, was practically called a LIAR even though I would have shown proof of entitlement letter once I arrived. No the idiotic red tape was they had to have proof before but, as I do not have a blue badge they wanted me to send copy through post or email it, No way! It has my national insurance no. Being employers themselves I did feel I should not have to explain the obvious and pointed out only three people are entitled to see this, employer, DWP and national health so was not sending it through an unsecured email or in the post for them for anybody or possibly everybody to look at. Phoned the government helpline and they agreed no-one should give sensitive information to obtain tickets. Next suggestion was for me to take letter before the event, er? it would have taken 4 hrs round trip, time and expense. Anyway the upshot is I was totally upset at having missed out on the last ever uk tour for meatloaf and an enjoyable day to the races through an unhelpful Director, (yes I even emailed one of the top guys) as I have never had this trouble before anywhere, places are usually on a first come first served basis and show proof on arrival if need be but no, Newbury racecourse penalises you if you are disabled and don't treat you like a person. Abled-bodied people don't have to go through this. Please, please, please BOYCOTT NEWBURY if you are disabled, have a family member, friend who are, or even work in that field. It is disgraceful behaviour of being treated as a second class citizen and may I just add I have found one true racecourse that do treat with respect. I will keep to that one. NEWBURY CHANGE YOUR UNFAIR POLICY, I don't have a blue badge as why should I take advantage when I don't get the chance to go out much but do like the races now and again, not all disabled people have one. Thanks reviewers for listening and I hope I have helped and we can make a difference.

10  Thank port-world