“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of La Tasca Newbury - CLOSED

La Tasca Newbury
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I arrived and was met by the manager who seemed to be in a bad mood. I said I had booked a small table by the window. This was ignored and he pointed at a small table just inside. I would have expected a little more service and attention as the last time we went we took 18 people and it cost over £500. We shall go again but not for some time!

• Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Ferdinand B, General Manager at La Tasca Newbury, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Hola

Thank you very much for taking time to inform us your experienced on your last visit, Could you please kindly contact me on 01635 34279 or alternatively please send me your contact details on latasca.newbury@latasca.co.uk so I could reach you personally to talk to you about this matter. I Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bingley, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I recently took my Mum to La Tasca (as she had taken me to visit Highclere Castle during the day). It was her first trip to La Tasca and she loved it. It was early evening, and we were in no rush. The gentleman who served us, who we took to be the manager, seemed to understand this and was happy to let us enjoy our drinks and take our time. He didn't rush us at all. The food was gorgeous, from mini burgers and patatas bravas to ice cream and cherry tart! It's also a good people watching spot! La Tasca accept Tesco restaurant vouchers too, which means we saved some pennies.

• Visited May 2014
Hola
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit at La Tasca Newbury.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Pathetic customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I went to this place for dinner along with my wife and kids. We waited at the entrance for quite some time. The waiters kept passing by without any acknowledgement. Frustrated, we then had to ask one of the waiters for seats and then we were told that restaurant is full and there is wait for almost 30mins. The guys could have let us know about the same when we entered rather than keeping us standing and ignoring and I told this to the waiter. Appalling customer service; furious, we came out of this place.

• Visited April 2014
Ferdinand B, General Manager at La Tasca Newbury, responded to this review, 2 May 2014

“Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Service was a bit slow to start and had to keep getting staffs attention for any service but once food was ordered it all came pretty swiftly as there was 10 of us thought there mite be a wait but it all came out together, the food was delicious as always here.

• Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Tasca

Hola
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit at La Tasca Newbury.
Stevenage
“Great Tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Excellent Tapas, There was a problem with our booking for 23 people but the manager told us to give him 30mins we came back and it was all set up ready for our party.Staff excellent, food aslo great : )

Visited April 2014
Hola
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit at La Tasca Newbury.