“Can't be faulted!”

Cafe Rouge - Newbury
Ranked #35 of 187 Restaurants in Newbury
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Offering the welcoming atmosphere of a traditional Parisian bistro with a great selection of French inspired food to match. Whether it's a relaxing breakfast, a quick coffee with friends, a leisurely lunch or an intimate meal with loved-ones you're after, you're sure to find something irresistible. Decorated in a contemporary style, Café Rouge Newbury captures the essence of an all day social hub, perfect for any occasion. Our varied menu offers an exciting choice of dishes, from a great selection of petites plats, classics including Steak Frites and Moules and baguettes - ideal for a quick bite to eat when you are in a rush - to salades and desserts.
United Kingdom
“Can't be faulted!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've eaten at this Cafe Rouge around 5 or 6 times now and the last visit (July 30th) was just as good as previous ones.

We chose to eat outside in the late afternoon sunshine which would have been great had I not have ordered Moules Mariniers as the empty shells attracted a lot flies (not the fault of the restaurant obviously). Hubby had Confit de Canard (his favourite). You can't go wrong with the Fillet steak or the Boeuf Bourguingnon either.

The service is always consistently good and we've never had a bad meal at this chain.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pistonbroke

Berkshire
“Very Good Staff”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Visited 25th July. Myself, husband and daughter. It was our wedding anniversary. My daughter ordered half a roast chicken and really enjoyed it. It was lovely. I ordered goat cheese tart and it was amazing. My husband ordered a steak and it was not great, however we mentioned it to the waitress and she spoke to the manger and he credited it from our bill. The staff were lovely, and the manager was very professional. I can not fault the staff (girl with long light blonde hair), or the service. Shame about husbands meal but not the end of the world and there was no quibble about a refund.

Newbury, United Kingdom
“3 times NO more!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I given this place 3 chances over 6 month and the food if I can call it food I'm a chef restauranteur and I would not show my face in town if I served microwaved and fried "stuff" like this to my customer. How the person in the kitchen wearing a white jacket even dear to show their face on the front of house I don't know!? I do feel for the floor staff having to serve this over priced "stuff"!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dayt0na955
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Problems with my food, but they sorted it out well.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I decided to eat here for lunch. It was fairly busy but they had a table so no wait. The floor was what looked like hardboard. Not sure if this was temporary, but if not it looked terrible. We ordered our food and our starters came up fairly quickly and were very nice. For our mains we both order burgers. Mine was the more expensive one because it had different cheese. However, the cheese was quite thick and as a result, they have not heated it enough. What I was left with was mouthfuls of cold hard cheese which in turn made the burger cold. I complained to the waitress who apologised and said she would get me another. This was OK, but of course now I had no food whilst my wife had to eat alone. I suppose we should have sent them both back. eventually my food arrived and it was much better.

When we came to pay the bill the manager apologised again for the problem and took the cost of my meal off the bill. Whilst I would have preferred to have eaten with my wife, at least they made an effort to compensate me for the problem.

All in all the meal was not bad and we found the service to be quite good.

• Visited June 2014
BASINGSTOKE
“Great service , Good food , Great time”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Great Manager Great service
Thanks for a good meal , I will be telling my colleagues and family how impressed I was with this restaurant

Visited April 2014