“Breakfast”

Cafe Rouge - Newbury
Ranked #33 of 191 Restaurants in Newbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Offering the welcoming atmosphere of a traditional Parisian bistro with a great selection of French inspired food to match. Whether it's a relaxing breakfast, a quick coffee with friends, a leisurely lunch or an intimate meal with loved-ones you're after, you're sure to find something irresistible. Decorated in a contemporary style, Café Rouge Newbury captures the essence of an all day social hub, perfect for any occasion. Our varied menu offers an exciting choice of dishes, from a great selection of petites plats, classics including Steak Frites and Moules and baguettes - ideal for a quick bite to eat when you are in a rush - to salades and desserts.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great service we were let in early to have coffee, and the food came soon after, very nice french toast.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Rouge - Newbury

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went in with my friend who can not eat Dairy or Meat and she was limited to Salads, as most chains these days have caught on to the fact that offering alternatives is a good thing i was very disappointed. Having said that my Goats Cheese tart was really nice, it was just a shame my friend menu was so limited. The toilets were also rather unpleasant on the day we were there - as there were only 3 other dinners in the place I can only assume it had not been cleaned that day, this is always a bad sign in my books.
Overall for the price and what was offered I wont be going back

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've eaten at this Cafe Rouge around 5 or 6 times now and the last visit (July 30th) was just as good as previous ones.

We chose to eat outside in the late afternoon sunshine which would have been great had I not have ordered Moules Mariniers as the empty shells attracted a lot flies (not the fault of the restaurant obviously). Hubby had Confit de Canard (his favourite). You can't go wrong with the Fillet steak or the Boeuf Bourguingnon either.

The service is always consistently good and we've never had a bad meal at this chain.

1  Thank pistonbroke
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Visited 25th July. Myself, husband and daughter. It was our wedding anniversary. My daughter ordered half a roast chicken and really enjoyed it. It was lovely. I ordered goat cheese tart and it was amazing. My husband ordered a steak and it was not great, however we mentioned it to the waitress and she spoke to the manger and he credited it from our bill. The staff were lovely, and the manager was very professional. I can not fault the staff (girl with long light blonde hair), or the service. Shame about husbands meal but not the end of the world and there was no quibble about a refund.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I given this place 3 chances over 6 month and the food if I can call it food I'm a chef restauranteur and I would not show my face in town if I served microwaved and fried "stuff" like this to my customer. How the person in the kitchen wearing a white jacket even dear to show their face on the front of house I don't know!? I do feel for the floor staff having to serve this over priced "stuff"!

1  Thank Dayt0na955