“Great pub grub”

Ranked #2 of 192 Restaurants in Newbury
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A quality and relaxing rural country pub, run by award winning licensees, in the beautiful Berkshire village of Peasemore,just a short drive from the A34 and junctions 13 & 14 of the M4. The building and decor are charming and rustic, with elegant modern touches. A cosy log burner perfect for winter evenings and during the Summer months out door seating over-looking open county fields or in a pretty courtyard filled with flowers. A daily menu, all freshly prepared in the pub kitchen, including, fresh fish, pies, steaks and chef's daily specials with main course prices ranging from £11.50 - £19.50. As all dishes are prepared in the pub kitchen, they are able to cater for most dietary needs, with most sauces, soups and gravy all been gluten free. The Fox also offers gluten free bread & gluten free Yorkshire puddings on a Sunday.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Its a rare thing to find a restaurant which has perfected the combination great food, great service and a reasonable price. The staff at the Fox totally hit the mark on all of those points when I visited. The food was hot, tasty and well presented with a good selection of local ales on hand to accompany it. I would recommend booking in advance as only tables for 6pm were available when I called on the Friday morning of our visit.

Lauren456, Owner at The Fox at Peasemore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of our pub. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much and hope that we may see you again in the near future. Lauren and the team.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I found this pub via this site and given the reviews and useful location decided it was a good option to meet with my parents who were visiting Oxfordshire. Pleased we did, the usual sharing platter for starter and Camembert melted cheese was a great start and the main course was spot on. Sitting outside on a summers day was a nice way to spend a few hours. Very friendly and hospitable, I would say the best pub/restaurant I've been to in the Newbury area.

Lauren456, Owner at The Fox at Peasemore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of your visit to us here at The Fox.
We are really pleased that you all enjoyed your dining experience and were able to appreciate the wonderful views on that sunny day. We do hope to see you again the next time you are all in the area. Lauren and the team.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We recently visited The Fox after having spent the afternoon at Highclere Castle. We arrived at 5:30pm and just missed out on having the Sunday dinner. However, we had a nice glass of wine and a beer whilst relaxing in the lovely pub that had been recently remodeled. The owner was extremely friendly and made us feel very comfortable. They provided us with a high chair for our one year old and we were able to enjoy our drinks amongst other friendly customers. We will definitely be back to try the food as we loved the place and the people who own it!

Thank you for your wonderful review of your visit to The Fox. We are really pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our country pub and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Lauren and the team.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Fox with our one year old son after spending the day at Highclere Castle. Unfortunately we arrived too late on a Sunday to enjoy their food, but we did have a nice glass of wine and a beer. The interiors were new and well appointed. Most importantly, the owner greeted us and made us feel very welcome. We will absolutely be back!

Thank you Sarah for your lovely review of your visit to us here at The Fox.
We would love to welcome you back to dine with us and look forward to seeing you in the future. Lauren and the team.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Decided to give this a go based on the positive Trip Advisor reviews. Booked a table for 8:30pm to celebrate our fourth anniversary (since my wife and I met one another).
Just as well as the place was buzzing, always a good sign.
Apart from one hiccup (being served white wine at room temperature) which I hasten to add was promptly rectified by the landlady. The service was good and given the food is freshly prepared delivered to the table piping hot on warm plates. It's amazing the times in other establishments that this doesn't happen.
Our main courses consisted of Beef Wellington and fillet steak were delicious, the accompanying vegetables were cooked to perfection.
All in all a great spot for some above average country pub food. Aside from the two boorish (locals at the bar with their excessive loud forced hooting laughter,; why do people have to sound like performing seals in public) our evening out was lovely.
The pub's location is wonderful, the owners have taken pride in the building's appearance with good floral display and hanging baskets.

We will definitely be back for lunch and dinner. I recommend you do the same. Make sure you book though. Bon appetit

2  Thank tofer50

Thank you for your nice review of your evening with us here at The Fox. I do remember you of course and I am delighted that you will be coming to dine with us again.
I will share your comments with those mentioned (who had enjoyed a few Shandy's).
Lauren and the team.