“Fun family dinner”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We all met up to enjoy a night out and although the place was busy we did get good food and good service.
We tried out most of the menu between us but the chicken dishes won the vote, especially the Satay.
We will go again.

2  Thank stephen N

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Four of us went to the yo wan restaurant in newbury ast night, what can I say, we love our chinese and have used most of the restaurants in newbury and thatcham and this one beats them all,service ambiance and meal all fantastic, will deffinently go again and would recomend all chinese food lovers to try it it is getting popular so booking is recomended

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went on Friday, after looking at tripadvisor reviews. It's OK. Service was excellent, but food pretty disappointing. Starters nice but some of the food too oily/greasy for us. Real shame, as were on a child-free date with my wife and wanted somewhere different. Wouldn't be too harsh about it, but wouldn't rush to recommend it either.

1  Thank markaswain1
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went to this place with my wife and daughter for the first time and I must say we were very pleasantly surprised with the food.
We ordered chicken satay, chilly chicken that comes in noodle bowl, chicken in black bean sauce, Singapore noodles, egg fried rice, prawn toast.
The taste of the food was awesome and we loved it. The chicken was cooked very nicely and was soft and juicy. The chilly chicken was bit too sweet for our liking but was still very nice. My 4 yr old daughter loved the satay and she finished all of it alone!. The Singapore noodles was one of the best we have eaten so far.
The only downside is the wait time for the main course. It was not a long gap but was considerable if I compare with Chinese restaurant that I have been too.
Staffs were very nice and friendly.
Great place to go for Chinese food, ample parking available. If I had known about this one, I would have never gone to the one in Thatcham. Highly recommended and will definitely go back soon. Shame that it doesn’t do take-aways but that is for a valid reason they have.

2  Thank sg2808
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have now been to this local restaurant quite a few times and it never fails to serve great, freshly cooked food and really good customer service. Compared to the other local Chinese restaurant in town this place wins hands down. The waiting staff are all charming and nothing is ever too much trouble. Definitely highly recommend !

1  Thank ABCL_2008