Good Night Inns Berkshire Arms Hotel
Hotels.com
US$156
The Lodge(Newbury)
US$107
Hare and Hounds Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$89
Agoda.com
Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$108
US$107
US$102
Travelocity
US$291
US$280
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Newbury Tot Hill(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$53
Travelodge
All reviewsthe pubadjoining restaurantbudget hotelgreat nights sleeptired and in needgood sizean evening mealbreakfast was excellentroom was spaciousplenty of parkingone night stayfull englishnewbury racespremierreceptionistwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here to go to a friend's birthday party in the area. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were very friendly and professional. Very importantly, the bathroom was spotless - and to get a bath rather than just a shower in a budget hotel is always a treat. The lighting in the room was a bit dim for putting on make-up and one of the towels was coming unravelled, and those are the only picky things I can find to stay. I'd stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

On arrival, my room was freezing. I couldn't get the heating to work. I asked the very helpful receptionist to help, she manged to get the heating on, but after a while it went off again and I couldn't restart it. The receptionist then gave me a different room which was warm and had a new heater in it which worked perfectly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Never stayed in a premier inn before, but as it's good enough for Lenny Henry, it's good enough for me - and it was 40% cheaper on a Late Rooms deal.
The receptionist was friendly and efficient. My room was spacious, clean and well maintained. Once I'd sorted the heater it was comfortably warm, even though it was -2C outside. The bathroom was again, clean and nicely maintained. Really good hot shower.
The only issue was noise. A neighbour had their telly on at 3am, and from about 4am the road noise just builds and builds, the A4 being a very busy road. The double glazed window didn't seem to have any effect on the noise, it was almost like it was open ( I did check). I had earplugs with me and used them, otherwise I don't think I'd have got much sleep. The room I was in didn't face the road and was set back a fair distance.
Not sure I could recommend it unless you go prepared or are used to living near a busy road.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tikky110
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had booked a room at the hotel for 24th and 25th December. Because of the stormy weather conditions we checked with H.O. if there were any problems with booking in late and was told the hotel was working as normal with no problems!
We arrived at 21.00hrs with the hotel in darkness (power cut some19 hours previous). We were shown into the hotel by an apologetic man with a candle as the only form of light who told us we could book in at the Best Western hotel for that night and check on the power conditions the next day.

Power had been restored at 02.00am on Christmas Day so we booked in again for that night. Next morning (26th Dec) we were first down for breakfast and on entry was asked what we wanted for breakfast i.e. two eggs one sausage etc. but with no menu. Cereals and coffee/tea being on a separate table (help yourself) the coffee being in a vacuum flask!

Selecting cereals and coffee we made our way back to our table only to find our main breakfast was waiting for us. The waitress saw what was wrong and reheated the main breakfast.

Under the circumstances of the power cut and associated problems I can sympathise with the manager and thank him for his efforts. However what was wrong with the information from H.O. and why did nobody telephone us?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuttonBob
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The rooms are great, a King sized bed and a bath/shower in the bathroom. The location was nice for a getaway, but don't expect much else to do in the area without a car. We visited a couple of external restaurants by foot, but we had to be careful as there were no pavements once we were no longer on the main road. The service at the adjoining restaurant was a bit slow, but it was good food.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple