“Very good service”

Good Night Inns Berkshire Arms Hotel
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed for four nights on business. The staff were all very helpful and professional, could not do enough for me.
Having stayed at the best western hotel about half a mile down the road 3 weeks previously, I was expecting lots of noise from the traffic going past the hotel, but no, obviously premier have better double glazing. One of the best nights sleeps I have had in a hotel in the last 10 weeks.
The only negative point ( which has nothing to do with premier inns) was the pub next door, not the best food in the area, but then again you don't have to eat there.
I would recommend staying here. And a big thank you to all the staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Good Night Inns Berkshire Arms Hotel

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights for a family wedding and were really pleased with the level of service that we received.
The staff were ever so friendly and went above and beyond the call of duty. Sarah and Ian on the front desk (among others, but sadly I didn't get their names) were really helpful and made us feel really welcome - we arrived on the hottest day of the year and they were happy to provide us with jugs of iced water, extra fans for our room, whatever we needed! It was more like staying with friends than formal reception staff.
I stayed on the upper floor of the reception block and I've read a couple of negative reviews about the amount of noise - I honestly heard nothing. I was directly above the pub and next to a staff access door but had no complaints regarding noise levels at all.
The room itself was immaculately clean and well prepared, the hotel overall was a really pleasant building - I didn't visit the restaurant so can't comment on that.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend doing so to any others that are considering a stay in the area!

Room Tip: Room in the reception block is further from the pub patio area - also when parking drive to the righ...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bos70
Reviewed 6 July 2014

6 adults ate breakfast this morning for 8.75 per person, we have eaten at many premier inns( no problems) and this is the worse we have ever had ! Sat at table for ages not knowing what the arrangements were so I went to ask ! Food arrived sent back twice so gave up .. Bacon burnt beyond eating twice ! Eggs as hard as, sausages that smelt awful, tomatoes burnt ... When we politely complained was met with blanks ... Went to reception to complain and was again met with Oh ok . I really wanted my money back! I work in food industry so would never not pay for a meal but please avoid this one ! you are better off throwing £8.75 down nearest drain .... Hotel itself was lovely clean and very comfy shame about food .

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

If staying at this Premier Inn avoid resteraunt at all costs, unhelpfull staff, over an hour waiting for a meal, waitress not interested and Manager of resteraunt telling me his staff are useless, worst food ever had while staying at Premier Inn

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Martyn E
WhitbreadHotels, Online Social Media at Good Night Inns Berkshire Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed in the reception block upper floor, noise from tank-room, air conditioning unit from the Kitchens, water transfer, all or none of the above as it was difficult to pinpoint. window open or closed made no difference.
Good night guarantee was best thing about my stay. Not the usual Premier experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stopped en route to the south coast for a night. We are also stopping here in August for a wedding at Wasing Park and decided to suss out the route etc. Less than 10 minutes from Wasing park on mainly country lanes but ideal for an overnight stop. the hotel itself was as expected for a premier inn. I am a big fan:- if you want a good bed for the night, with reestaurant on site, it's difficult to beat. Rooms were clean and airy, beds - as usual for premier inn are great. Only problem was I couldn't connect to the wifi, so don't buy extra until you are sure you can get a connection. Also looked at disabled rooms as we are bringing my parents in August. Only down side there was that they don't have walk in showers but slightly lower baths. Could be a problem for getting in and out although there were grab rails.
Had a meal in the adjoining restaurant which was good. The restaurant had separate wifi which was free while we were in there. Didn't bother with breakfast. All in all a good base for visiting Newbury, Wasing Park and surrounding areas, and would happily stop here again

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building at the back, and didn't hear any road noise at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Ended up staying at Premier Inn Newbury/ Thatcham as I was attending a wedding reception at the nearby Wasing Park. Check in was smooth enough with polite staff member on reception desk. (Wasing Park wedding Venue: 10 mins in a taxi and about £12 cost there and £15 back after 10pm.)

Stayed in room 48, this room was clean however was starting to show signs of wear and tear, The room had a broken chair at the desk, carpet wasn't great, windows old and so on.

Plenty of parking if you are travelling by car

Pub attached - although I didn't use this.

The room:
Tea and coffee facilities
No iron or ironing board - available from reception
No air conditioning - it was a warm day and had just a small fan to use in the room. Not great.
Located near a main road so opening the windows is not really an option due to road noise. Even with the windows closed this could be a problem for light sleepers.
The bed in this room was two twins pushed together to make a king. Not great when moving over the join in the bed, however I'm aware this is very common.
Clean bathroom with shower over bath which is good for visitors to have the option.
good storage space.
TV with what I believe is freeview channels
large room

Overall this was good enough for a one night stay for work or pleasure, however I wouldn't feel comfortable any longer due the condition of the room and the adjacency to the main road.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel away from the main road are the quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo