“Great room and great staff”

Good Night Inns Berkshire Arms Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Newbury
Nw London, Uk
“Great room and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The room was excellent for a budget hotel. The bed was huge and very comfortable and the room was very clean and well furnished. I had some medical issues and the staff were fantastic. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UKPeter10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here 2 nights for a wedding. Great bed and helpful staff, but the rooms are in need of a refurb, especially the bathroom. The pub next door is an excellent bonus though, with friendly staff and serving decent food and beers. Location not great, being a fair way out of Thatcham, although not an issue if you're driving. Would consider staying again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pm137137
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Good Night Inns Berkshire Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear pm137137

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Newnham Court Inn who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in the Newnham Court Inn soon.

Guest Services
Liverpool, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights here when attending a family wedding. The hotel was ideally-placed in terms of location (wedding was at Wasing Park, approximately 3 miles away) and was also a short drive to Highclere Castle (10 miles). Rooms were of a good size (if a little too warm) and food in the Berkshire Arms adjoining the hotel was very good - breakfast good value and plentiful, and evening menus were also of a very good standard. I would recommend this hotel to others, but be mindful that the hotel is soon to change management, and from September will not carry the Premier Inn name.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank 1DAVE
Slough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very comfortable hotel, Berkshire Arms next door, great food, good service, we were attending a wedding 4 miles down the road, was going to get a taxis but big mistake, race day at Newbury, had to drive so one shandy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Boughton Monchelsea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked through Late Rooms App. Received a confirmation email. I noticed there were 2 rooms left when I booked.
On my way to this Hotel I received a phone call telling me it was a mistake.
I said they had used my card to hold the room. The answer was I would not be charged!
They offered me a room in a more expensive hotel, I declined.

When the hotel management found out they telephoned me to apologise.
They offered me a free stay and a free meal in the Berkshire Arms.
The Staff were friendly and the room was nice and the bed very comfortable.
The meal in the Berkshire Arms was nice.

The point is of my review which I have amended the Hotel made amends.
Well done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

lovely service!! people were very friendly. adjoining restaurant had great meals. Ventilation in room a bit of a let down - windows opened up onto a patio area with smokers which was a minor issue for us.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Good Night Inns Berkshire Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear D_H896

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Berkshire Arms who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

We hope to see you soon at the Berkshire Arms.

Guest Services
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at this Premier Inn. We have now stayed at this Premier Inn 3 times as we have family in Thatcham. The reception are very helpful and go beyond what they are meant to do. The rooms are a good size and plenty of space which is good so you aren't on top of each other when moving around the room. We always book through the Premier Inn websites and we have obtained cheap rooms before at this hotel. The whole Premier Inn is very clean and tidy. It is located on a busy road but you don't hear any noise from it. The only downsides of this hotel is the size of the television and also the size of the bath. We would continue to stay at this Premier Inn as it is ideally located for all the local attractions including Legoland and Windsor.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Good Night Inns Berkshire Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear l0rnaw93

Thank you for providing us with your review.

We hope to see you soon at the Berkshire Arms.

Guest Service