“Completely ignored because we're under 18”
Review of Prezzo - Newbury

Prezzo - Newbury
Ranked #138 of 191 Restaurants in Newbury
Price range: US$0 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Hungerford, United Kingdom
“Completely ignored because we're under 18”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My friend and I are both 16. We hadn't booked but we had a train to catch. The woman at the desk said we would have to wait 10 to 15 minutes, which would have been fine. However, after 25 minutes I went to speak to the lady, explaining that we had to catch a train and ,since we had been waiting the longest, asked if we could be given the next table. She then continued to seat adult couples as soon as they came in. Unlike the older customers, we weren't offered a drink as we waited. When we were finaly seated, we had missed our train. They then brought us the wrong food and spoke quite rudely to us when we asked if we could get the bill immediately as we were in a rush. We couldn't understand why they treated us so disrespectfully when we were paying just as much as the customers who were over 18. Young people should avoid this resteraunt.

Visited February 2014

Reading, United Kingdom
“Slow service, ok meal”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Visited here on a Saturday (table of 2) and we were seated just about on time. The drinks took about 15 minutes to arrive then we ordered our starter - mozzarella and a side of bread to share. This took 30 minutes to arrive and we were not given any plates. The waiter said some plates would be brought over to us but they never arrived. The main arrived 40 minutes later, my carbonara was ok (difficult to screw up a carbonara to be honest), but my partners spaghetti, lobster and courgette actually turned out to be spaghetti, lobster and aubergine. We complained to the manager about this and the meal was comped, but it took the manager another 15 minutes to come to see us and sort it. Overall very poor service. We've visited other Prezzos before and its been good, but this one, we wont be visiting again.

• Visited January 2014
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely menu”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Prezzo is often a safe bet, and no one struggles to find an appetising meal off the menu. The Newbury branch is in a good location, with free parking outside if you're lucky, or just a short walk to the nearest car parks.

It can be very noisy inside due to the high roof and open plan layout, which has been a problem in the past, but a sign of a full and vibrant restaurant.

Visited December 2013
England
“Slow service but good meal”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Visited here without booking on a Friday. very busy but the time to get a table and then be served exceeded the time promised. The meal was good without being outstanding and the service did improve . Worth considering, but not without booking in advance.

• Visited November 2013
Saltash, Cornwall
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I had booked a table for 10 people for 6pm on Saturday 30th November, we arrived bang on time only to be told they were not ready for us..a 10 minute wait to be seated...Once seated we ordered our food and wine this is now 6 30. At 7:40 I called the waitress over and said if our starters did not arrive in the nest 5 minutes we would leave. So from entering the restaurant to starters arriving was 1 hour 45 minutes. The service was aweful. When I requested the bill I noticed they had included a service charge of £24:80. I asked for this to be removed, the waitress then had to find the manager who it would appear is the only person capable of retendering a bill minus service charge. I told the manager my concerns about the poor service and she appeared not to care one way or another.
The food was as expected and enjoyable.

• Visited November 2013