“A team who like to make your stay perfect”
Review of The Smugglers Inn

The Smugglers Inn
Ranked #9 of 97 Restaurants in Minehead
Price range: US$0 - US$55
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Smugglers Inn offers a cosy bar, a delightful restaurant and accommodation by the sea at Blue Anchor Bay in Somerset. We are on the edge of Exmoor and the Quantock hills and make a perfect base for walking holidays. The West Somerset steam railway runs through Blue Anchor and the station is just along the road at the end of the bay. Blue Anchor beach is a long sandy beach and is just across the road from the Inn.
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Do you like to explore? Please ask the question and you will get the best possibe answer from a team who like to make your stay perfect. A visit to the cellar bar in the end of the day is like an extra bonus.

2  Thank refrisch

Reviewed 21 June 2012

As someone with coeliac disease, needing a gluten free diet, I always research restaurants/pubs in the area where I am staying. Found that The Smugglers Inn had gf fish and chips on their menu, so we visited there in early June purely for this. I am delighted to say it was worth it. The food was excellent with the batter on my fish lovely and crisp. I look forward to returning there some day as it was a real treat for me.

4  Thank KarenandPat
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Friendly and prompt service. Made is feel extremely welcome, especially our four legged friend who went weak at the knees whenever she saw Simon (the owner) Possibly from the cupboard love due to the begged biscuits he was more than happy to supply her with.
Would visit again and again, certainly would recommend to all

1  Thank Ruby T
Reviewed 5 June 2012

For a group of thirteen with two dogs we were very pleased with the way we were served. We were quite happy that freshly cooking food takes time and that they were very busy so there was a forty minute wait from ordering to serving. They serve a well cared for pint of Otter and are very welcoming.

1  Thank Gandalf285
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We just loved the bar and restaurant, amazingly cosy atmosphere - but we had mussels that were way overcooked and battered cod that hadn't been scaled so, despite the fun atmosphere and good wine, we felt let down. But we';d give it another try but steer clear of the seafood.

1  Thank KandTCanberra
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am glad you loved the amazing cosy atmosphere of my pub.
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the mussels or the cod. We pride ourselves on our reputation for "Fresh Food cooked Well". But sounds like something went a little wrong. We have had many compliments about our mussels, several on this site, I do wish you had told us, as would have more than happily skinned the cod and redone the mussels for you.
But i'm glad to see that you will give us another go. Order the mussels and cod and I promise you'll enjoy them. As a point of interest since this comment all our cod is now skinned.
Thanks once again for taking time to write this review.