“An Absolute Gem”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We visited the Alcombe Tandoori on Friday night because we were staying at the Minehead Caravan Club site just up the road and had seen that the restaurant was there on Google maps. What an absolutely fantastic surprise! The restaurant is fresh and modern, and the staff very friendly and welcoming. Things just got better when the food arrived, all dishes were beautifully presented and tasted divine. We will go back to Minehead just to visit this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

It's funny, I don't often read other people's reviews, but when I saw 4 "terribles" for this place, I was intrigued. So I read them.
Gotta say, I don't get why this place gets the flack it has.
We had mixed kebab & Tikka starters. They were delicious & the lamb & chicken Tikka were tremendous. Great taste & really succulent.
The lads had Kormas, which they enjoyed, (though you can't really go wrong there.) I had a lamb Balti which was lovely & me ma had a Chicken Kata Masala, that she equally liked. Great Peshwari Naan. Pint of Kingfisher to wash it down & a Kulfi to finish. How bad?
Price was fine & the service impeccable.
I've eaten at loads of curry houses & this one is just fine!

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We were staying nearby and visited on a Monday evening- it was still reasonably busy, with lots of seemingly regular customers. Service was great: very polite, attentive but subtle, and the food was great too- a bit out of the ordinary, good value, and very tasty. Prices pretty reasonable too, even (despite what another reviewer has said) for drinks: I don't think £4 for a 660ml bottle of Bangla in a restaurant is overpriced- seems about average in my experience.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We have been to this restaurant a number of times when visiting Minehead. The waiters are friendly & helpful and always on hand to offer advice regarding choice of meals.
The food is excellent , the Mussel starter is out of this world.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

this is our 5th visit in alcombe tandoori very good service and excelent food very polite staff the atmosphere was very good.......we will defo go ther again and we recomend anyone to go there.