“a breath of fresh air”

Ranked #27 of 93 Restaurants in Minehead
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Quay Inn - where everyone is most welcome.We delight in offering the best, locally sourced, quality, foods and real ales at reasonable prices. The menu changes with the seasons.We also LOVE MUSIC! Quay Roots at the Quay Inn, frequently presents local, national and international music acts. The next event will present Cam Penner and Jon Wood from Canada, on Halloween night. We also host regular acoustic and plugged open music sessions, and the next one of these will on Sunday afternoon, 6th October, at 2:30pm.The Quay also provides an extensive coffee and tea menu and fantastic selection of naughty yummies (cakes, desserts) that can be enjoyed all day. We welcome dogs and well behaved owners, and also have a wonderful large garden where you can enjoy the lovely sea air.
taunton
“a breath of fresh air”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I visited this establishment this week and was pleasantly surprised to meet the new owners Jackie & her husband, they have brought a vibrance to the pub which has been missing for some time. The food was very good, the menu has been scaled down but the choice is excellent, long maty it continue. good luck

• Visited July 2012

Minehead, United Kingdom
“No pigs in blankets with Christmas dinner!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Husbands work had xmas do here and while it was good he felt a little more festivity needed......like pigs in blankets. Good facilities though

Visited December 2011
Loughton, United Kingdom
“Good eating”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Good food at reasonable prices - book at busy weekends!

Visited March 2012
“Plesantly Surprised”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Wanted to pass comment, have today visited on my own, the pub was quite busy. I ordered a very nice Cheeseburger meal, no real pressure on any kitchen I admit but it was prompt, presentation good, customer service great. Will come again and bring others.

“Half price”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This was the first time in 35 years of living here in Minehead to visit this pub for a meal. What a surprise it used to be the Red Lion, The day was very cold and they had all the heating on, but the big shock was all the food items were half price Jan. thru Feb. The pub was busy with a coach party and a few other tables but the staff were polite and we were served quickly all considered. The food was very good and I was surprised at the large portions for the price- my Steak and mushroom sandwich was a very tender rump that must have been 8oz cooked to perfection for me (although I wasn't asked how I wanted it cooked ,so I thought it was going to be a thin piece of meat) and lots of garnish. My wife had a egg and bacon panini that was equally enjoyable. I don't know how they are managing to do it at those prices , but good luck to them as I will go back and tell others, which is their idea I guess.

• Visited February 2012