“Average pub”

Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Quay Inn - where everyone is most welcome.We delight in offering the best, locally sourced, quality, foods and real ales at reasonable prices. The menu changes with the seasons.We also LOVE MUSIC! Quay Roots at the Quay Inn, frequently presents local, national and international music acts. The next event will present Cam Penner and Jon Wood from Canada, on Halloween night. We also host regular acoustic and plugged open music sessions, and the next one of these will on Sunday afternoon, 6th October, at 2:30pm.The Quay also provides an extensive coffee and tea menu and fantastic selection of naughty yummies (cakes, desserts) that can be enjoyed all day. We welcome dogs and well behaved owners, and also have a wonderful large garden where you can enjoy the lovely sea air.
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Average pub”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

"Average" describes this pub, in terms of atmosphere. We were walking around Minehead looking for somewhere to eat, and stopped in here. We had a beer, and left. It is not inviting. I can't comment on the food - I did notice they serve Thai food.

Bristol
“Good food in Minehead”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Took my mother, wife and four year old to the Quay. Not much choice for the veggies (tuna pasta was one) however they service was good and the food we chose all served a purpose. The wife had a Thai dish, Pad Thai, and said it was wonderful. We've made Pad Thai in Thailand before and would know if it was inauthentic as stated previously. Fresh food served with a smile.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Evening sun in the beer garden”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Visited the quay two evenings running on a recent weekend break: The first evening was spent soaking up the evening sun in their spacious beer garden whilst quoffing a couple of pints of Exmoor gold (cider) lovely jubbly. The bar staff were very friendly and the barmaid even remembered what I was drinking.

The second evening was a repeat (lager this time) but we also ate there choosing one of their specials (Thai venison curry): Unfortunately whilst my curry was acceptable, my wifes was 50% gristle which somewhat spoilt the evening. Also I think the waiting staff several times gave out the wrong meals (including once to us) insisting that what was ordered.

1 Thank Seajay2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Worst 'restuarant' experience ever had.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

So it's a pub, with restaurant prices and food I wouldn't serve in a prison.
After ordering a £16 Thai dish, one bite in I went straight to the bar to ask for something else as the meat was chewy and the whole dish lacked....well, pretty much everything apart from heat. It was possibly the spiciest food I have ever had. I like spice but this was ridiculous.
It looked terrible and wasn't worth a fiver.
The barman offered me something else and I foolishly ordered the Thai sharing platter coming in at £15 (which I wasn't charged for)
Meanwhile two of my friends struggled through their Thai dishes(somehow) and did just about finish them.
My platter arrived and it was so obvious everything came straight out of the freezer and into the oven. We've got to be talking at least a 1000% mark up here.
The barman came out to check how we were getting on and we informed him.
We then politely asked him if we could get a free round of drinks as we'd had a pretty bad eating experience. He came back a few minutes later and told us no.
We asked to see the manager and about 15 minutes later the second manager appeared in what can only be described as a angry mood and asked us what the problem was.
We explained in a polite and succinct manner and he was infuriated, he told us 'he knows a con when he sees one' and we were stunned. This went on for a while with us trying our best to convince him we really had had the worst eating experience of our lives and was incredibly rude and didn't believe us.
It got rather heated and it ended with him shouting 'you're wrong, you're wrong' at us.
It was positively unbelievable and I shall tell everyone I know never to go there whilst it's under the same management (which I'm sure it won't be for long)
P.s my girlfriends meal was nice.

2 Thank Criticarl10
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“worth a visit,”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

went to the Quay, on a monday night, the staff were friendly and helpful the food was good, we will be going back to eat here. no complaints