US$110
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$102
All reviewspub grubfriendly staff and excellent foodmenu is extensiveenjoyed our foodsteam train stationstayed in the family roomplace to stayroom was cleancar parksomersetcidercaravantidy
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Small quaint pub overlooking the sea. Very dog friendly. Lovely food but why, oh why, does it have to be served on a board! Because of this, I did not enjoy my meal as the constant scraping on the board with my knife set my teeth on edge.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lyndawood
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My father is staying in blue anchor in a chalet on the beach , we visited him on Tuesday & took him for a meal , we have visited this hotel before about 15 years ago , it’s a lovely place to visit , the food is excellent not overpriced like other pubs in the area , & all our meals were home made , dad had fish pie & it was the best one he has ever had he said : served with fresh veg & salad ; I had a prawn& crab jacket salad & homemade slaw , hubby had a ploughman’s we could not fault anything, we had 2 dogs & were made very welcome , my dad will be visiting there again for food during his stay .

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Blue Anchor after walking from Minehead. We received a nice and friendly welcome and they were happy for us to take the dog in with us. Nice open fire burning which was great as it was cool outside. Food was pretty standard pub fare, but nicely presented and tasty. Would recommend for a post walk pint and possibly for a quick bite

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere.

Small and quaint. Didn't try the food but what I saw others eating it looked delicious.

I've tried to book accommodation there but the all the dates I wanted were fully booked, so must be popular.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights between Christmas and New Year. The stay was very pleasant indeed and we had everything we needed. Particularly enjoyed the real fire of an evening and the well-kept real ales. The staff were particularly friendly and accommodating. The food was good pub grub and was tasty and good value. Whilst the decor in some areas probably needs some improvement it represented excellent value for money and the friendly 'family' feel more than made up for it. If we were in the area again we would certainly consider a return visit.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple