“Fantastic! ”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Fantastic! ”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Came to have a cream tea with a group of volunteers today and the service was impeccable and the food was great.

Excellent gluten free options (including two types of scone). Great to go somewhere where your allergy isn't a chore for the staff.

Ian H, Owner at Mullions Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hi Hannah
Thank you for taken the time to review our restaurant .Glad you enjoyed your cream tea,
you will have to come back and try our Gluten Free fish and chips.....
regards
Ian and the Team

Cannock, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place !!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went to visit Sister and her family in Brean and thought we would have a little ride out to Minehead having not been for many years.
Stumbled across Mullions while walking around in the afternoon and was attracted to Mullions because of the sign outside that said GLUTEN FREE available.
As my wife is a celiac we popped in.
Excellent friendly service and a very enjoyable tea and scones in fact I would have to say after trying my wife's scones they were every bit as good as mine!!!!
It is fantastic to find a place that caters for people with a wheat intolerance (growing in numbers) and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who visits Minehead.
It really is a lovely place with a good choice on the menu. (Including gluten free)
As I come from Staffordshire the only down side for me is that I cant go on a regular basis to sample more of their lovely menu but without a doubt on my next visit to that part of the country I will defiantly visit again.
Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing you again

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Steve in staffs F
Ian H, Owner at Mullions Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Hi Steve Thank you for your lovely comments on your recent visit to Minehead....you will have to bring your wife again to try our Gluten free fish and chips next time you visit your sister in Brean.Our chefs take great pride in what we do for our guest with special diet requirements and we can also do a great selection of starters and desserts with notice. this is our 3rd season and I can honestly say we are getting more guest which are gluten free, only yesterday out of 9 tables at lunchtime
4 had somebody who was wheat intolerant, The numbers are increasing and more children are being diagnosed. Look forward to your next visit regards Ian and the Team
Minehead, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Celebrating jointly our daughter's birthday and Mothers Day, we visited Mullions for the first time in many years. We remembered what high quality this restaurant used to deliver.

Sadly, this is no longer the case. There was nothing exactly wrong and it would have been difficult to justify a complaint. The service was excellent, especially as it was such a busy evening, and the ambience was as good as we remembered. It's the food that was so disappointing.

The prices were at the level of a high-end restaurant but the food was mediocre in the extreme! Sorry guys but there is much better quality dining available in several local pubs. We won't be back I'm afraid.

Hi Cappycat
thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant I am sorry you where disappointed with your meals on Mothers day evening, I can't recall any of our booking saying it was their daughters birthday as we could have put a candle in her dessert0( if she had one) and tried to make it extra special .Our prices are as competitive as any of the pubs in the local area and we source as many of our ingredients as local as we can.We served over 500 meals last week with the Steam Grla and Mothers day and to my knowledge we had no other negative comments, Thats Nice you found our service excellent and the ambience as it was before, sorry you won't be back
regards Ian and the Team
telford
“Real pastry”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic place to eat real pastry on me chicken and mushroom pie gravy out of this world so yummy. Cream tea the best ive ever eaten top marks for food and top marks for you kidness x

1 Thank wolfburgedition
Hi Wolfburdediton
Thankyou for your great review , the chefs and staff take great pride in what we do, the recipe for our pastry is my grandmothers which I have been using for as long as I cam remember, and I know she would be proud to know its still as good as hers.....As is the scone recipe.Thank you once again and look forward to your next visit to Minehead
Regards
Ian and the Team
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in Minehead!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We ate here twice last week, both times arriving as walk-ins. Both times Ian bent over backwards to accommodate us, as on both occasions, the restaurant was very busy, I suspect mostly with regulars being March and out of season. The food was superb both times and we didn't have to wait very long inbetween courses. Top notch food, attentative staff and not over priced either. I could not recommend it enough. Go and try it for yourselves.

• Visited March 2014
Ian H, Owner at Mullions Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi Georgeandneil
Thank you for such a lovely review, we really do appreciate it . regards Ian and the Team