“Family Celebration”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2013

On Easter Monday we took our family to Bridge Cottage Tearooms in Winsford for a celebratory breakfast. Roy and Teresa, as usual, went to a great deal of trouble to make it a very special occasion and couldn't have been more accommodating. I asked Teresa to provide fruit salad as a prelude to our delicious cooked breakfast and she provided the champagne glasses for our fizz. The children wanted scrambled eggs, which were perfectly done. We love this cafe! We always get a very warm reception, the food is delicious, freshly cooked and plentiful and the service is excellent. Simply can't understand the comments by Cyclismo---our experiences have been very different and sometimes, as on the occasion mentioned above, I have had to ask Teresa if she is sure that she has charged us enough.

1  Thank Christine572
There are newer reviews for Bridge Cottage Tearoom

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were 16 ladies with an age span from probably mid twenties to mid to late fifties. Three nights at Butlins Minehead for a hen party was a challenging prospect for some and so for the Sunday afternoon what could be more civilised than traditional English afternoon tea.
A little research on the internet found me Bridge Cottage Tearooms in the delightful village of Winsford. A telephone enquiry to Teresa and Roy found no problem in accomodating us all for afternoon tea.
And we were not dissapointed, Teresa welcomed us and showed us to the tables beautifully laid with fresh white linen and proper china. We were served with a delicious selection of sandwiches and savouries followed by equally delicious selection of cakes and scones, clotted cream and jam. Tea was poured from a proper teapot with a tea strainer no less!! Although not licencsed you are able to take your own alchoholic drinks which for us was a nice sparkling cava, glasses supplied by Teresa enabled us to turn it into a champange afternoon tea.
As far as possible all produce is home made with Teresa's husband Roy being cheifly responsible i believe. The occasion was was a definite success and enjoyed by us all.
Their extensive menu apart from the afternoon tea is sensibly priced, an added bonus is that they have two ensuite rooms on a B&B basis. Going by the standard of the afternoon tea i feel sure this venture has got to be a success and wish them well.

Thankyou both.

Gill Watkins

1  Thank gillyNewportGwent
Reviewed 20 March 2013

For my 50th birthday celebrations I booked Afternoon Tea for a group of my friends- I'm so glad I did. We had an excellent afternoon and Roy and Teresa were so accomodating. We had a couple of people with particular dietary requirements, which we notifeid them of in advance. Roy and Teresa factored in these requirements and made a particular effort. The Afternoon Tea for the group of 18 was superb, and nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious and the welcoming atmosphere was superb- I cannot recommend this highly enough. This is a place I will be returning to on a regular basis. Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed themselves and promised to return again. Well done Roy and Teresa I wish you every success in your new venture- you deserve it.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have been coming here for many years now, and seen quite a few owners come and go. Good luck to the new couple there...i hope you have agreat time on Exmoor. The location is wonderful...especially if you sit outside by the river. Our welcome was very warm.

I can't comment on the food but the saddest thing for us was that the coffee was very weak (because of the lack of ground coffee!!) and a half-filled cafetiere looks a little mean with only just enough milk in a tiny jug...times are hard I know, but it looks like penny pinching to the extreme.
So please make some thirsty people very happy by giving just a little bit more...especially if we do pay a decent amount of money. There's not a lot of competition in Winsford I know!! And please do not ever offer refill a used cafetiere...that's more in a wrong way!

2  Thank Cyclismo
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We have just returned from an autumn break in Somerset. On a ride out we decided to visit Winsford. Oh it was so good to see Bridge Cottage Tea Rooms open. We decided to go in and have tea and cakes. It was simply delicious. The new owners were perfect hosts so we decided to book a Sunday lunch. It did not disappoint, it was freshly prepared homecooking. We will be in touch shortly to book our week's vacation in the bed and breakfast. Many thanks.