“Best cafe for miles and miles, with the staff to match!”
Review of The Toucan Cafe

The Toucan Cafe
Ranked #3 of 97 Restaurants in Minehead
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Est. in 1982, Toucan Wholefoods is a natural health store and café located in the lively seaside town of Minehead. Winner of Best Independent Health Store 2014. We stock organic fruit, vegetables, bread, dairy, alcohol and other produce from local certified producers; a comprehensive range of wholefoods and foods for special diets, teas and drinks, herbs and spices, delicious snacks, a tasty vegetarian takeaway counter and lots of chocolate too! We also stock herbal and vitamin supplements, earth-friendly household cleaners, natural body care and baby care products. On our 1st floor we run a wholefood, vegetarian café offering organic fair trade coffee and tea, smoothies, fresh juices, delicious salads and home cooked cakes and flapjacks. Located on the 2nd floor are complementary therapy rooms where fully qualified and experienced therapists practice.
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I have been having my lunch at toucan now for over 10 years everyday, as b4 the cafe I was buying my lunch in their fantastic shop downstairs, and I wouldn't go anywhere else. It's reasonably priced and the tastes and flavours of the foods are to die for, if u r ever in the area do yourself a favour and go in and try, it'll b the best thing u have ever done. The staff are so helpful and friendly, nothing is too much which all adds to the amazing ambience of the place, I really don't know what I did before toucan cafe. Dan James

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stopped for a cup of tea, and ended up with a fab meal. These people really understand excellent food, and it was bliss to have tasty wholesome food (and with more imagination than the usual veggie option of food full of cheese and cream). We went back the next day for a takeaway picnic, which we enjoyed in the New Forest on the way back home. Wish I lived nearer to eat there more often.
It's rare to get such good veggie food outside of Brighton or London.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

We were recommended a visit to Toucan and were really impressed with yummy well-priced food in a friendly wholefood setting-Next visit to Exmoor we will certainly be back at Toucan!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I often stop off at this little place after going to the Farmer's Market in Minehead on a Friday. Over the past year they have had a new cook and she runs an enticing and healthy operation with a regular variety of soups (eg. hot and sour), savoury tarts, delicious cakes etc. These are a cut above the normal vegetarian stodge that many cafes offer - this is both seasonal, global and delicious. They are open all day (it's upstairs in a light sunny room) have free wifi and friendly local staff.