“Butlins”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlins Minehead Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Minehead
“Butlins”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay but prefare Skegness more friendly with people down north. Overall a great week lots to do. Lots of beautiful places to visit out side the camp. Excellent town centre. And lots of places to eat. Will go back but maybe for shorter stay x

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank thejacjac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

just come back from a half term break, on the thursday evening my 8 year daughter was sick in the pavilion, we then saw a chap called Sven who said it was his 4th case in the past hour, that evening my 3 year old was sick through the night, the friday we left, my son came down with a bug also, I feel the uncleansiness of the toilets were the cause of my children's illness, I saw sick in the sink which was there for a good half hour, there was two lots of sick by the bakery, and to my disgust my daughter's sick was still there the next morning, it had been covered with sand but the carpet hadn't been scrubbed.
we have spent many holidays at Butlins, and never had any problems, yes it can be a little rough around the egdes but I have always felt it was clean, I just wish they had put some information around to warn people that there was a bug going around, at least then you have the choice to leave which I probably would have done as its ruined the kids school holiday as they have spent the last few days in bed asleep or being sick.

2 Thank Jan C
wolverhampton
Reviewed 3 November 2012

booked a silver room with half board for a week for 6 of us inc 2 grandchildren ages 4 and 15 months
Room seemed basic to me but reasonably comfortable. No remote for tv
Two days before end of holiday, my 13 year old son came down with severe sickness - all through the night he vomited.
The next day, after an evening at the clubroom, returned to chalet to find my daughter and her 4 year old's room was soaked around the walls and carpet. Reported it and was told a chalet behind had left a tap running.
Daughter and grandson had to sleep in damp room so next day had bad cold and cough. Staff eventually suctioned carpet but my daughter was feeling ill so we drove her home which cost us petrol to torquay. her train could not be changed at short notice.
A dehumidifier had been put in but too late for my daughter.
We decided to leave also that night as my son was really sick and hadn't eaten for 2 days even though we had paid for it.
On our return thursday 1st novemebr 2012 I have been ill (still am now) as I am on immune suppressant drugs, it is not good
My husband is now ill and my 15 month old grandson has also been sick for a day
Very unimpressed with having this happen and losing a day and a half of expensive holiday

2 Thank denise s

Travellers are raving about these Minehead hotels

Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed in a silver room, there was no doors on the wardrobes. The room was not ready on time. It was Halloween week but only a few halloween shows. The beds are rubbish theres no other way to put it. The bedding was not that clean. This is the first time we have been in school holiday, there was no where to sit to watch the shows. The trouble being they have under 5 disco is in both centre stage and reds, so the pram bunch camp out from then till the end. We will go again but in term time, I feel there was too many people for the place to deal with. Also the food was no so good this time. But the worst thing of all is the so called manners for so of the other people there. Manners are free some people (not just kids) need to remember that,.

Room Tip: stay away from std
1 Thank corniscarrot
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Dirty floors and crevices, stained bed linen and a musty odor. Could not recommend the rooms to anyone. I enjoyed the food and there was plenty of choice. The entertainment was good and the staff were helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Booked a 5 day half term break which was far too long!! On the second day woken by the Bird man of Bettws who decided to feed the seagulls at 06:30 in the morning in his PJ's, slippers and dressing gown whilst having a cheeky cigarette!! On halloween, we were all excited about the extravaganza which was the famous Butlins halloween party but instead we were watching The Red Coat Beach Party consisting of summer dress and sing along in winter!! REALLY!! Of all the red coats only 3/4 could sing and dance and then you find out that they are all leaving for pastures new!! On our 3rd day, we noticed blood on the ceiling and fag butts brushed under the bed along by the ripped sheets!! we were staying in the silver accomodation with the premium food package. Accomodation was maximum 2* (if that) and that is being generous! The Coast restaurant was fine and the service excellent. The polish staff were very helpful, even more so than the britsh staff!! 2 of our party were struck down with stomach bugs and when asked upon checking out did we enjoy our holiday, I explained that my duaghter had been ill for a morning and wife was having the same symptoms the receptionist replied "they probobly want to get back to their own toilet then"!! I was speachless!! The entertainment was good but only because of the support given from a number of tribute acts. Our 2 children (4 and 5) had a good time and thats what mattered!! All in all a mixed "holiday" but 3 days is plenty. If you can afford to upgrade, then i would strongly recommend that you do!!

Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Returned home yesterday from a mid week 4 night stay during the half term break with my husband , 5 year old and 4 year old. We stayed in the silver accomadation with the Premier dining option and made the best of it . This will be our only family holiday this year which we booked in January .If you can afford to upgrade go for it because these chalets have really seen better days.Butlins could do a lot in the way of simple maintaince to make the chalets nicer , such as painting , cleaning blood off the ceiling (!!) , cleaning under the beds as on the last day I found cigarette butts under the bed from previous holiday makers. I totally agree with other reviwers comments that the "camp" is split into two areas rough and in need of upgrade and not too bad.The week is billed as "Schools Out " with full on Halloween entertainment. So you would think that the Halloween "Spooktacular Show" would take place on Halloween in their CentreStage almost 3000 capacity venue...erm no ! The Halloween show was held on the 1st November in the smallest venue the Skyline Pavillion, as our children were desperate to see the show we went at 6:30 pm to get some seats the show did nt start until 7:30pm and the place was packed. Not packed with families but groups of OAP's !! We could nt get seats and were not prepared for the children to yet again to sit on the stinking dirty floor of the Skyline Pavillion , which really needs a deep steam cleaning on a regular basis.Maybe the Butlins Entertainment Planners need to take a long hard look at the venues they choose for "shows" and the dates. Also Butlins run Adult only weekends so why not hold family only times ? I heard a lot of people complaining about the number of young families going into the Centre Stage and Reds venues because they were holding under 5 discos ! Our children loved the pool and the sports activities and Butlins could/should work harder to increase the outdoor activities. On the last night my youngest and I also fell foul of the Butlins Bug despite my obsession with handwashing and using handgel , I also carried the gel with me after reading earlier posts. I would nt like to say it was the food as the food had been ok with good choices but you never know. The children are already planning their next trip but I doubt we will return .

Room Tip: Think long and hard about booking and only go for Gold or above.