“Amazing Christmas break-have already booked for next year. Shame about all the extra activity costs.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Butlins Minehead Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlins Minehead Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Minehead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Amazing holiday great resort. The red coats were fantastic and talented full of energy and smiles. Great with the kids! A real family resort with all cultures and different family's all together...great atmosphere and child friendly. The food was good have upgraded to premium dining for next year though. My.only moan is the amount of fruit and arcade machines which hammer the pocket and extra activity costs all between £3 and £6 a go...the kids wanna try everything and this can hammer your pocket. Expect to take £400 spending money that's with 2 kids to give them a go on mos things. Would be good if Butlins could look to offer a more all inclusive experience. We stayed in a silver room it was very cramped and basic. The rooms really could do with an upgrade. The whole experience on a whole is fantastic with a few areas needing improvement. Smashing holiday!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (776)
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

We booked a Christmas Fantasy break for the children whom are 8 and 10years old and they throughly enjoyed themselves as there is so much entertainment going on. Butlins staff were very friendly and helpful but we felt that tthe resort was very busy and there were lots of Chavs around. We felt like we needed to go and but some tracksuit bottoms just to blend in!!
The accomodation was basic (silver room) but was warm and clean. The funfair and splashworld were very good especially as they were included in the price. We decided against the dining option as that would have costed us £170 for 3 nights which is alot of money and there is a morrisons close by that has a cafe so we went there for breakfast everyday then just got fish and chips for tea.
It was a nice break before Christmas and the pantomime and other shows were fantastic so got us into the Christmas mood but I would certainly not be rushing back. For what I paid which was £97 for the 4 of us for 3 nights it was good value for money and I would not pay more than that.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Apartment was so clean, I am OCD with cleanliness and this was the first place we stayed where I didn't have to clean when we arrived!!
The staff were amazing, friendly, fun and attentive.
The entertainment was great, make sure you download the iPhone app if you can, tells you what's on and where.
Highlights of thd break; bob the builder indoor fair, great for 1-8 year olds. The Panto was amazing. The WWE wrestling at Reds bar was great. Minehead is lovely for a stroll and a play on the beach.
Splashworld water park was great fun. Massive and loads for every age.
The car park was a good 10 minute walk from our apartment but you get a trolley to transport your stuff. I wouldn't have managed that and all 3 kids on my own, if you're a single parent I am sure one of the staff would help, there are millions of them.
Hip hooray for jolly old Butlins ;)

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Me and my family have being going to Butlins Minehead for 4 days at Christmas for 7 years now. In those 7 years all that I have seen is a decrease in the quality of the stays and the maintinence on the site. On arrival we were greeted by an extremely unclean grey coloured skyline and rot damaged buildings making up the public areas.In the Gold reception (as we stay in gold accomatadion) there was a christmas tree standing in the corner lit up by christmas lights. Immediently I noticed a shattered bulb uncovered and in sight of any small children that may be messing with the tree. Absolutely nothing had been done to prevent someone being electrocued by these christmas lights.
The accomadation we stayed in had been recently decorated wih new carpet which was poorld fitted as it was already lifting in the corners of the rooms.
The entertainment on offer was absolutely appaling during our stay there was nothing for families there was a huge blank space between adults entertainment and toddlers entertainment there being nothing for people aged between 9 and 18. The performances on offer are of extremely bad quality and the bands all sing the same songs. Every year the entertainment gets worse.
The maintinence on the Splash Waterworld Swimming baths was disgusting the bridges crossing the rapids section of the pool were all rotten and worn. During the last day of our stay someone had acually found a block of wood with nails sticking out of it in the pool which was a part of one of the bridges. It was clear where the part had fallen from as when you walked accross the bridge the planks at the one end were flimsy and looked as if they were going to give way due to the missing support. The Black hole slide was oin bad repair and he joins were sharp and scratched my and my sisters feet and backs, the same goes for the Space bowl slide. When I entered the bowl it felt as if my back was on fire as the joins were so sharp and the sealer had almost gone from inbetween them. The metal structures making up the stairs for the slides and supports for the slides were covered in rust and needed painting.
Most of the staff working on the resort were foreign and struggled to understand english only the Redcoats and reception staff are english everyone elso is foreign.Also most of the staff are grumpy and moody. The member of staff on the Infunmation desk was grumpy and snappy when I went to ask about the closing times of the swimming pool. Why whould you have someone who can't even smile on an information desk.
The funfair is in bad repair the rides look and feel unsafe and dirty. This year the Rocking Tug ride was broken.

Overall if Butlins don't sort themselves out me and my family will find another resort to spend our Christmas.

1 Thank benjamin1596

Travellers are raving about these Minehead hotels

paignton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

this is our second time this year and fourth time overall.We always stay in Deluxe accomodation so worth the extra.Love the entertainment,all the Red coats work so hard and all the characters like Billy/Bonnie bear Ludo Barney,skyline gang, etc just brilliant for kids.Food excellent and a very helpful and polite restaurant manager Garry,makes all the difference.
The shows are fab and the last show we saw 'the magic of christmas 'was probabley one of the best shows we have seen there.A tip for any of the shows especially on half term or the fantasy christmas breaks get to places early to see entertainment as you wont get a seat.Its so annoying when u plan and get a reasonable seat so your kids can see and some rude selfish person who turns up half way through just picks up a chair from anywhere and plonks it in front of you...dont be afraid to ask them the move ,I did!!!Dont listen to negative reviews we had a lovely shower/bath hot water and heating a plenty..Worth every penny..thank you all so much x

Room Tip: upgrade to Deluxe more expensive but worth it..get to entertainment venues early,plan your day
Minehead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

Looking at the last few reviews I thought I must be at a different resort.
We are staying in double standard room (surfers point) arriving on 23rd. On arrival noticing scrorched carpet (where previously some guest had left hot iron on flloor) also window all scratched up (probably with diamond ring) and floor covering lifting in bathroom. Didnt notice that bath plug didnt have a chain attached until I took a bath and realised I couldnt get the plug out after. This all got sorted same day after I complained to guest Services obviously except from scratched glass and scorched carpet.
The next day 24th we woke up to fine heating not working despite continuous background noise of heating pump running. I complained again to guest services (10.00am) and was told someone would contact me about the issue but by 2.00pm heard nothing and heating still off. I tried the text messaging system and again got reply saying someone will contact me very soon to resolve issue and again nothing. In all I complained 4 times during the day and not once did anyone contact me or resolve the issue so we had no heating for over 24hours. On christmas day I went to Guest Services who then told me that because its Christmas they couldnt get parts to fix heating so we could move to a different room.
At no time did anyone come to see us and although they were aware that the whole block had no heating did they offer alternative accommadation until over 24 hours AND guest personal complaint.
In all the service and help we received over this I most certainly wont be coming to Butlins again and wont recommend it.
Other facilities ie dining was disappointing also a number of staff not helpful and trying to turn my disappointment into a joke.

Room Tip: Dont choose Butlins
1 Thank james b
hereford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

Me and my family stayed here in October 2012 in a sliver apartment

Accommodation:
I booked a sliver apartment because we go ever year but all the other times I booked deluxe accommodation but this time I decided to book silver as we don't spend much time in the apartment. However I wished I hadn't now it was clean but looking very tired shower wasn't very good and we never felt relaxed in the apartment ever I can't put my finger on it but just didn't want to go back to the apartment.

Food:
I'v been half board here once before and fined the food average and for the money they want your better off eating at burger king, pizza hut or take a nice walk into the town and eat at one of the nice restaurants.

Entertainment:
Well it fantastic and it the only thing bring me back every year my daughter loves it there is so much going on you can't keep up weather it's the funland, swimming, funfare, softplay or the endless shows going on your kids will love it.

On a whole my daughter loved it so will be going back again but like I said avoid the silver apartment and just pay the extra £160 for a deluxe it well worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family