“Cancelled Holiday” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Butlins Minehead Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlins Minehead Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Minehead
stockport
“Cancelled Holiday”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have spent many happy holiday with butlins but have finally had a problem and customer service has been awful. I booked a trip to minehead due to arrive 24th Feb 2014 the previous year in feb 2013. Apparently butlins were aware they could not honour the holiday in October 2013 but they still took my payment at the end of december 2013. I was finally made aware of the situation on the 18th January by courried post. After being offered an alternative week in Feb which was not convienent due to school holidays I decided on a refund Unfortunatly this will take 10 working days to process (two weeks) also the card I paid the deposit on is no longer an active card and although I have made Butlins aware of this I have to wait for them to claim the monies back or allow the full 90 days that they have to claim the money back before they will issue a cheque. All I can say you will have fun at butlins as long as they decide not to shut the site.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bammyStockport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (777)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Firstly, I will preface my remarks with the fact that this was an off-season stay when the resort was closed. Furthermore, I was staying in the Blue Skies apartments rather than any of the chalets or other accommodation at Butlins Minehead. Therefore, I am commenting solely upon the amenities in the Blue Skies apartments. A luxurious, spacious apartment, which in my case had two bedrooms, with views both to the sea(across the Bristol Channel to Wales) and Exmoor. Very well equipped and furnished to a high standard. More than adequate underfloor heating and a very powerful shower. A very good nights sleep in a large comfortable bed with no noise at all. My bedroom was nicely light proofed and spacious. My only minor criticism might be that the bathroom light (as is so common everywhere) over the mirror was at a high level rather than an all around fitting. All-round lighting makes it far easier for shaving particularly under the chin. For once, there was more than adequate shelving in the bathroom! Housekeeping was very good and proactive in replacing light bulbs etc. All in all, a very pleasant out of season stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TempusLondon
Merseyside, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Entertainment did not seem the usual quality we are used to at Butlins. We stayed in a standard chalet which I can only say left a lot to be desired.(Army camp comes to mind) Worth paying for an upgrade I think!!! Staff were friendly and helpful as always. Did not have any food there. We where in a nice quiet part of the camp which we appreciated. Did not smell anything unsavoury as previous reviews have mentioned and everywhere was nice, clean and well kept. Sorry but next year I am going back to Skegness camp!!!!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can, don't book standard.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

shabby accommodation rubbish entertainment broken lift to skyline and queues.Had the misfortune to stay for new year what a fiasco it all was .Firstly wet carpet in one of our rooms ,uneven paving outside rooms must be a trip hazard .no seating for people queues for everything bars food entertainment which I have to say is absolutely rubbish seen better at local pub.A complete and utter let down in all areas your taking peoples money and giving second rate service the site itself appears to be run down and needs a major facelift .did not think much of the famous redcoats .have submitted a questionnaire no reply yet anyone who goes here for a break needs there head read and its worse if your older,Never go there for the new year its sheer hell

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank bev_999uk

Travellers are raving about these Minehead hotels

Staines, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

As soon as we arrived we could see the park was suffering with the amount of rain in December. The closest we could get to our accomodation was about half a mile away due to building work and the size of the puddles which prevented us from leaving the car park as several places.The accomodation was small and very warm. The staff were very friendly but the entertainment was very poor compaired from last time we came. They have a new queueing system at the Red showbar where people who stayed in the top priced rooms were allowed into this venue at least 15 minutes before anyone else which upset a lot of peope. Overall, we will give this site a wide birth in the coming years.

Room Tip: Try to get anything apart from Standard accomodation as you are at the end of the path and a long wa...
plymouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We arrived at around 15:00 hours and the reception process was quick and easy.
We entered our silver bungalow at 16:00hrs, the room was poor and smelt damp and had to been aired for some time.
We are a large family 5 kids and we had a friend with us so we needed an 8 birth.
The curtains were stained badly so were the carpets, the whole bungalow looked tired and depressing really - we found wrappers pushed down the sofas and a small slug on the sofa as well.

We had the mindset that the room was just some where to sleep so that was our way of getting through the shabiness of the whole unit.

The food was really good quality and plentifull on the standard food plan breakfast and evening meal.
Staff were very caring friendly and accomodating in most areas - just wish the bar staff paid even a slight amount of attention to who is next waiting at the bar - our experience was who shouts loudest gets served next , this was really frustrating, shame really.

swimming pool was great fun and well equipped.

Entertainment was very good.

All in all very reasonable - shame about the rooms.

1 Thank johnandson
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care at Butlins Minehead Resort, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hi there.

Thanks for taking your time to review your recent break at Butlins.

I’m pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the food and amenities and found our team to be so friendly. However, I am sorry that you feel disappointed with your accommodation. I can assure you that the standard you describe is very unusual and not representative of a Butlins apartment. I hope that you raised these issues with our Guest Services team whilst on resort.

It would be great if you returned to Butlins in the future for another holiday! We would certainly love to see you again.

Many Thanks,

Danny Rich
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We arrived home last night, after spending 3 nights here with my husband 3yr old and 15 yr old, and a group of friends.. we did enjoy it the staff are faultless, friendly, work hard, always smiling...food in basic dining was ok, always something to eat..my only down side was having to queue from 2.30 to get a seat in centre stage at new year, to later be told 300 tickets hsd been sold earlier, unknown to us..so we still had terrible seat.. very disappointing. Plus it was last weekend of season so even tho we were sent a letter saying7ng resort wasfully booked, they were running of of everything... I.e beer, any cocktail ingredient, kebab meat.. toilet rolls in main skyline... on and on.overall would go again, lots of fun for tots, not so good for teenagers unless you want to spend fortune in arcades.

1 Thank D0nnaa_j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minehead
Northfield Hotel
Stones Hotel, Bar and Restaurant
YHA Exford
YHA Exford
#7 of 21 in Minehead

Been to Butlins Minehead Resort? Share your experiences!