“Nice pub, good food”

Duke of Wellington Hotel
Ranked #23 of 97 Restaurants in Minehead
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A pub, Restaurant and Hotel with 24 Hour Reception, serving Breakfast from 7am until Midday and our Full Menu from 7am until 11pm. We have a huge Variety so there's something for everybody to enjoy. We have a range of Meal Clubs throughout the week, all Clubs are served with a free drink. Monday Club, Steak Club Tuesday, Chicken Club Wednesday, Curry Club Thursday, Fish & Chip Friday.
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Went here for an evening meal, food was tasty and reasonably quick. The staff were polite and efficient. Typical weatherspoons grub so you know what to expect in terms of quality and value.
I had burger and fries, hubby had hot dog and fries.
The only negative was the lack of atmosphere but it was early Sunday eve and quiet.

Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Went in twice during visit to Minehead on different days in April
First visit 5.30pm the better of the two meals good portions and great value in line with a Wetherspoons
Next visit 8.30pm Curry Night portions were not consistent as with earlier visit , very poor Rogan Josh three small pieces of lamb no mango chutney served with meal
However on both occasions service was polite and helpful
Actual Size of pub is vast with plenty of opportunities to sit away from the hustle and bustle

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The rooms at Duke of wellington are absolutely brilliant, large, well equiped , clean, comfortable.
They must be the nicest rooms in Minehead. they are quite grand!, Like a large county hotel upstairs. Value for money excellent. 4 star quality.
Food is excellent and really good value for money.
Unfortunately two draw backs here , first Parking is a nighmare . If your very lucky you may find
a place within 50 yds , just lucky 200yds but usually a five minute walk away.
Second draw back . Its a busy pub especially at week ends. but they do have 'bouncers' on the door to keep it in order !!!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I am a fan of Wetherspoons. Wherever my husband & I travel we seek out a Wetherspoons. Why? It's good value for money & they always have in stock the Belgian Beers I favour & a variety of real ales that are to my husband's tastes. So today (25/3/13) at 2.50 pm I suggested after shopping we go for a drink in Wetherspoons as we're down here on holiday & don't have to follow our usual busy schedule. I must say I think the actual building where Wetherspoons is housed is delightful which is an added bonus. A young lady served me but she hadn't heard of Leffe's even though I could see a few bottles of Leffe in the refridgerator. The manager informed me Leffe was not a good seller hence the young woman's confusion. She proceeded to pour a drink called Effe which wasn't what I wanted but was a perfectly understandable mistake. A chap, who I assume was the manager, glared at the young lady as I explained it wasn't what I wanted. Again I didn't have a problem with it. I asked if I could have the Leffe in a Leffe glass & the manager said yes & that he would wash it & bring it over to our table. I smiled & thanked him. The table we were sitting at was filthy, as were a good many other tables despite the fact that there were very few people in.The floor was dirty & our table was liberally covered with salt, a dirty cup & bits of paper. Other people around were sitting chatting with dirty plates left in front of them the entire time we were there with no member of staff attempting to clear them away.The chap I had spoken to behind the bar, who was older than the other staff members & obviously senior to them, came over scowling with the clean glass that he hadn't bother to dry. I thanked him for the glass, he grunted & shuffled off. We drank our drinks at the still decidedly dirty table, so neither of us felt tempted to have something to eat frankly. As we left I noticed the "manager" just behind us in the foyer, he gave a cursory glance & stomped into the restaurant area. I have to say we have never had such poor service before in Wetherspoons but I think some staff training is in order for this particuar branch because customer service & good hygiene are essential if a place is to flourish & prosper but never more so than in the harsh economic climate we find ourselves in today.

1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

restaurant poorly lit, hard to find a table where u can easily read the menu. ordered 12 onion rings, got given 9, didnt think.it was worth complaining about but it wasnt what we paid for.
hubby liked his bfast wrap so ordered another but it wasnt the same and he only ate bits of it.
on the plus side i think it was the 1st visit where we actually got given a fruit bag with the kids meal :-)