“Very peaceful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minehead
Hoburne Blue Anchor
Luton, United Kingdom
“Very peaceful”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just got back from a weeks stay
Caravan was excellent, clean and had every thing you
Needed in a kitchen, heating worked great only used once when we arrived as was bad weather and abit chilly
Location is great 15min drive to minehead and close to other attractions or close to m5 to go out further if needed
Only problem was our mobile phones couldn't always pick up a signal as 4g not good down there and wifi only available in reception would like to be able to use wifi at night
Great views and will be returning next year

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lutoncouple12
HoburneHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Hoburne Blue Anchor, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thanks for your review. It's good to hear that you found the caravan met your expectations and provided you with a calm and cosy environment for your holiday. We look forward to seeing you again!

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Solihull
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just been for a weekend at Blue Anchor Bay with my husband, 2 kids and 2 dogs in our Tourer. Great location. Facilities are great and staff very helpful and friendly. Will be returning.
Mrs C Hall. Solihull.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Chantal H
Thanks for your review! We're pleased your family had a great time with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon for another great touring holiday!
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We rented a dog friendly caravan during May half term and had a great time. The caravan was lovely and clean. The kitchen had what you needed utensil wise, and the hot water for washing up and showers was constant, the cooker and hob worked well, our bed was comfy and we slept well and the caravan was newer than I was expecting.
The park itself was really nice, the pool was great and loved by my children( although the showers by the pool were often out of order as the water was cold) The playground and football pitch are also good, as is the well stocked shop, and it's in a good position for the beach,
which is dog friendly and has some sandy areas which made it good for ball games, and there's a little bit of rock-pooling as well.
The park is in a good location for visiting nice places like Dunster, Watchet (which we walked to) Porlock and Lynton.
It's really nice that there isn't a clubhouse (not my cup of tea) so if you want one don't stay here.
If you want family time, enjoy walks, and like me love a bbq and a beer you'll enjoy!
Finally, many thanks to the cleaners for their honesty (we managed to leave our daughters tablet behind) received safely through the post, thankyou.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael E
HoburneHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Hoburne Blue Anchor, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thanks for your kind review, we're pleased you had some great family time at Hoburne Blue Anchor and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a lovely weekend at this park,good location, and was just what we were looking for peace and quite,caravan was clean as were grounds,nice walk along promenade in evening,only downside we had to come home the weekend was`nt long enough wish it was longer but we will be back next time will be for longer

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HoburneHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Hoburne Blue Anchor, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thanks for the review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, and hopefully next time you'll be able to stay with us for longer!
Worcester
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Having not been to West Somerset before I was very pleased with our accommodation which was changed to a disability friendly caravan when we needed it. Comfortable living space and good open plan rooms.

The beach was littered with dead fish that the anglers had caught and thrown back just as the tide was going out each evening ... they were rude and would not move to let us and our wheelchair past.

The pool, when being used by outside customers, gets too crowded and twice we had to wait for the pool to become once again a safe number. I understand that this must create a vital income for the facilities but if those same facilities are not prioritised for the use of the paying guests on site then it does make you feel like a second-class citizen. I really thought a bar or something similar was missing from the site especially when the main building and reception shut up shop at 6:30pm.

On-site store was great - but best to head into Minehead for essentials as a bottle of Blossom Hill Rose was £8.99 - no Blossom Hill is worth that!

The adventure playground is excellent and our families had a wonderful time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chrispassey
HoburneHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Hoburne Blue Anchor, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hello and thanks for your review. We're pleased that the majority of your holiday was great, and I have passed your comments about the park facilities to the park manager for review. It's a shame the local anglers spoilt things for you but we hope this didn't detract from your holiday experience too much.
south wales
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The plus side of this caravan site is the position , quiet yet totally easy to get around everywhere in good close distance .The views on the promenade are stunning on a clear evening and I loved the sunset . I have holidays every year and have tried haven butlins you name it but here is where my 7 year old loved more . I was amazed as there in no entertainment . Very flat if you have mobility problems like myself . For the more infirm this is the place , café very close to the left as you come out , restaurant to the right . sitting areas along promenade and in the summer a mobile catering van stops along the strip . I have had one holiday here last year and am due to go again , so much so is that I love the position of this place BUT why have i only given 3 stars ...well as it is quiet place staff should really be better at customer service , staff on reception is hit and miss , one lady was very helpful on another day there was one where everything was an effort and barely smiled ...come on now I was on holiday and had paid the full wack I didn't pay a lot of money peak season to be bought down from the holiday buzz .Her attitude remained all holiday . I rang the site to enquire about something for my future booking a month ago and it seemed a very hard job for the lady to sound as if she welcomed anyone there , curt and clipped and no look forward to seeing you again ( I can assure you I was very pleasant so it didn't warrant it ) My main complaint ( and if its not sorted out this year ...June admin :) I wont return for a 3rd year ) is the pool temperature . Due to the lack of facilities the pool is a big bonus . people not staying on the park also use it .This has been mentioned by others on the reviews about the coolness of the pool ,so I know its not just be me .I also got chatting to two elderly people who own there own van and cant use the pool as it is to cool and it affects there muscles . If your fit as an athlete it probably wont affect you lol . Because I have disabilities I need a warm temperature , so I asked the pool attendance what temperature it was that day ..I was told 32 , No way was it ...I should know I use a hydro pool at physio . The one thing i know is pool temperature and by law it should be checked daily and correct information given .I let it go but the next day I asked again ...again I was told 32 ...double no way it was colder than the day before. This really ruined my holiday as the pool was too cool to use , and was one of the reasons I had booked again as the depth of the pool is great for children and for people with mobility problems , a real plus .I had bought a weekly pass for the whole family each so it was a waste of money . I didn't complain at the time as I didn't want to cause a fuss and ruin my daughters holiday . The pool was very clean though and a nice touch with tables and chairs. So come on blue anchor sort the heating of the pool out this year so I can keep coming back . I will further my review after my holiday in June 2014 and hopefully be able to give a 5star rating.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hotelblog3456
HoburneHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Hoburne Blue Anchor, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hello and thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback about your Blue Anchor experiences, and have passed this information on to the park manager to be addressed.

We apologise if our staff came across as rude, and we will inspect the pool temperature to make sure it's always to our standards and guidelines.

Thanks, we're looking forward to seeing you again so you can hopefully notice the difference for your next holiday!
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed on the campsite with friends and family - two motorhomes and a camper van. All ages from 6 to 67 years old. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Beautiful location just across the road from the sea front. Not the type of weather for sitting on the beach, but lovely for walks, rock hunting etc. Walked into Minehead, but took a taxi back to the site. Buses pass the gates but not on Sundays or Bank Holidays.

The staff at Blue Anchor were very helpful and friendly, especially in the little shop which seemed well stocked, nice to have Sunday newspapers. Wi Fi available around the reception area only. Laid back atmosphere, but staff seemed vigilant and any problems were quickly solved.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MPinStaffs
HoburneHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Hoburne Blue Anchor, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
We're really pleased that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and explored the local attractions! Come and visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minehead
Northfield Hotel
#1 of 2 in West Quantoxhead
Waverley Bed & Breakfast
Waverley Bed & Breakfast
#15 of 37 in Minehead

Been to Hoburne Blue Anchor? Share your experiences!